1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinio still not fixed

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Wheelu, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I received an e-mail this morning informing me that the latest edition of AP was available for me to read. On opening the Zinio reader there it was, dated October 15th with the tantalising headline "Finest Sony Alpha Ever". Could I open it, no chance.

I have to un-install the software, delete directories, and re-install about every second magazine. Sorry, but this is totally unacceptable. Woeful service. :mad:

2. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Works fine for me. I subscribe to the American magazine Outdoor Photographer (cos it's only £5 a year!) and have had no problems. The version I am using is Zinio 4.

3. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Same with me - can't download or read on line. This is the 6th time now I think. Last issue I told Zinio that I would cancel if it happened again and I am going to do so, it is unacceptable.

4. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I've asked for a full refund. Will keep you posted.

5. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

For the first time in months, my hardcopy AP did not arrive with the Postie on Saturday morning; oh well, it will be at home when I arrive back on Friday.

Has anyone read the review of the Canon EF 8-15mm fisheye zoom yet?

6. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Unfortunately in both cases, and no excuse, AP are dealing with third parties, via IPC. Zinio and RM. Should they not fulfil their obligations I would suggest anyone concerned contact the editorial office, details below.

7. jeanniey

jeanniey New Member

Hi. I am the Zinio CMO and just saw this forum. A Zinio iPad App upgrade was released late on Tuesday evening. If you are not using the iPad app and/or are still having issues please feel free to email me jmullen@zinio.com and I will escalate the issues internally.

Thanks for your patience! We are committed to getting your issues resolved.

Jeanniey

8. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

I don't think the majority of problems are with the iPad version. Seems to be the desktop edition of the reader.

On the subject of digital copy, any thoughts on the new iPad Newsstand format? (question to AP - not Zinio)

9. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I have cancelled my subscription. The regular failure just made it more hassle than it was worth. Back to the occasional print copy I'm afraid.

10. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

I am sorry to hear that Mike.

If anyone else is experiencing problems I would now suggest that they take up the invitation from Zinio's Global Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer above :cool:

11. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I asked for a refund and have been promised the same.

I stopped buying the paper copy mag because I couldn't bring myself to throw the old ones out and the missus was getting tetchy about the mess! Our local library still takes AP and I guess, cuts allowing, that's where I'll be doing my reading in future.

If I could be assured that Zinio has solved all of their technical problems I might be inclined to take another look, but my patience ran out this time.