1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinio not downloading

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by mike_j, Jul 11, 2011.

1. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I had the notification that my Zinio AP 16 July is available today but I can't download it or read it online. Anyone else having problems?

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Are the Royal Mail involved with the delivery? :D :D :D

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

My apologies Mike, Zinio have not made me aware of any problems. You have a PM btw.

regards
    Mark

4. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I cannot read the last two editions, the 23rd and 30th July - previous editions OK.

Zinio help has mailed me a fix but it involves accessing the C:\Users folder that I don't have on my machine (WinXP). Have asked for further guidance, but not happy that there is need to meddle with the contents of the drives in order to make this software work. Won't be renewing unless this is properly resolved.

Kind regards

Bryan

5. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

On XP the c:\users folder is c:\documents and settings\

What do they want you do in that folder?

6. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Thanks!

They want me to delete the AIR directory.

7. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I have now deleted the specified directories, un-installed both Zinio reader and the alert messenger, and re-installed the reader. I can now read the 23rd July edition, but not that dated the 30th July, which appears as an icon, but does not respond to the mouse.

8. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Talking to myself here I guess, but I have been told by Zinio that there is a problem that they are working to resolve. Meanwhile I have been offered a free magazine, and picked one devoted to allotment gardening - much more fun than photography :)

9. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I had this problem on two issues and had to delete AIR Zinio and library each time. Now working correctly so they may have solved the problem and they have extended my subscription by a couple of issues.

10. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Yup, a third round of removing software and deleting libraries and I can now read all of the current issues. Hopefully the problem is solved!