1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeiss folding cameras

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by Dorset_Mike, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I have 3 of these ranging from a 6x6 Nettar to a Super Ikonta 531/2, looking on Eba,y prices range from about £25 for the Nettar, 4.5 Novar, to upwards from £200 for the Super Ikonta (3.5 Tessar, range finder, 8 or 16 on 120). do they still sell or are many of them just relisted ad infinitum? Not that I'm short of cash, but short on space.

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

You'll never sell them, just send them to me, I'll pay the postage...

I think they do sell, check the sold listings for prices and whether the camera sold.

S

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. markallanwainwright

markallanwainwright New Member

Steveandthedogs. My neighbour was clearing out some "junk" and came across a couple of old cameras and asked me if I wanted them? I know nothing about these cameras from the 30's or 40's but read Dorset Mike's post and your reply and wondered if you might be interested.is acquiring these cameras.
    I can't be 100% sure of the model names but one I think is Zeiss Ikon Compur, It looks as though it's not even been out its case for decades and could do with a good clean and service, very similar to this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KODAK-ZEI...838871?hash=item2a86d69f57:g:BcQAAOSwXetZW9p4
    The other is Kodak folding Brownie six-20 and looks to be in good condition but I don't know how to test it.
    If you (or anyone else you know) might be interested in both these cameras I'm happy for them to go to a good home for a cheap price, I can't be bothered with ebay and would rather they went to a member here rather than someone buying it to sell on for a profit.

4. steveandthedogs

I'd be very happy, but we would get a smacked wrist, 'cos selling through the site isn't allowed!

Why not have a go yourself? The Kodak 620 would be a bit problematic, the film it needs is sort-of-available, but would need re-winding onto a differently sized spool. The Zeiss should take easily available 120 size film and it's a great introduction to using film. There are plenty of people here who would be delighted to help [and know a damn sight more than I do] and there are videos on youtube covering loading, using and even developing if you fancy trying it yourself.

Go on, you know you want to!

S

5. markallanwainwright

Oh, sorry. That's why I couldn't find a "for sale" section. Is there a "give away" section, I really don't need those cameras and would like to see someone get some use out of them.

6. steveandthedogs

What about charity shops? They seem to have a better understanding of camera values these days, esp. the British Heart Foundation and Oxfam.
    I would love to say "send them to me", but I am starting to get too many as it is and more would be greedy!
    Check which model of the Ikon it is, the Super Ikontas can go for £250, though most models seem to be around £25-£50 mark. If you are happy to give them away, then charities would make the best use of their worth.

S

7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I've copy and pasted your post, Mike, to friend (on Facebook :eek: :eek: ) , in England who "might" be interested in your folding Zeiss cameras :)

Cheers,

Jack

8. markallanwainwright

I had mine on ebay for 3 weeks and didn't get a sniff, ended up giving them away.

Done_rundleCams likes this.