1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zapcat Racing - Watergate Bay (Near Newquay) - 25th & 26th Sept

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by John_Baker, Sep 22, 2009.

1. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

I flagged this earlier in the year – I believe racing takes place from noon on the Friday and Saturday.

I will be travelling up on Saturday morning, happy to pick people up on the way – going via the A30 (Exeter/Okehampton). After the event I was planning on coming back via Bedruthan, Trevose Head, Padstow, etc... Please PM if interested??

More details and info - www.zapcat-racing.com

2. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

like the idea John what sort of times you thinking, i need to be back sort of early evening for a party, so long as i am there by say 8-8:30

and of course weather permitting

richard you interested?

3. John_Baker

Hi Bob, I think Richard (OneTen) was interested in coming along under his own steam and meeting at the event? I was planning on being there for around 12:00 – but I agree if the weather is bad, I may think again, but then again it could make it more fun!! I was going to play it by ear on when I left, it is quite a long way for me, so I was going to stop off on the way back and visit some of my favourite old haunts, so possibly Constantine and Booby's Bay, or the ones mentioned above… Steve (52) is keen, so may take a seat – anyone else interested??

4. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

if Richard wants to then i can pick him on route, virtually pass his door on my way to newquay straight down the A39, guessing probaly be easiest to meet there John as we are coming from different directions

5. John_Baker

Sounds like a cunning plan... :D

6. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Yes please. :D

7. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Am able to come along. Have PM'd you John.

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

have to check weather and sort timings later in the week :cool:

9. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

:cool: almost enough for a party :D

10. John_Baker

Just to confirm, I have another three coming with me, Adrian, Gordon and Steve...
    Should be a good day!

11. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

weather forecast dry but white cloud

12. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

weather looking good, still up for this :D the only thing that might get in my way is my mum not feeling brilliant so if somethings happens suddenley then i will not be going, if that happens i will ring Richard

right then, from here Newquay approx 2hrs, think John said racing starts at midday.
    so for us from the North thinking i leave home between 7:30-7:45 pick me old mate up on route and head for water gate bay, eta 10ish, eat me sandwiches ( richard bring your own this time :rolleyes: and hopefully we wont need the window open all the way ;) ) survey area, meet the gang from the South, start taking pics.

Richard me old mate hope you bringing your cards again just in case i get carried away at 6:5 fps :D

thoughts or alterations to plans timings etc then let us know

13. John_Baker

No problem - Just checked the details, high tide will be at 9:40am, when there is not a lot of beach. It should be great by 12:00 - low tide is at 16:08. Current plan is to be on site by 11:30’ish so we should see you on the beach. I have packed my polar filters as I hope to get some sun!!

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

OK