1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yowza .... just purchased a K-3 :o

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I was taking a K-3, taken in on consignment, out to the showcase when I glanced at the
    price and thought, "holy expletive deleted, I don't need an extra Pentax DLSR but, at that price,
    I'd be really stupid not to purchase it :eek:" .... plus, it's newer than anything I have ;)

cheers and, FWIW, it was £165

Jack

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

That's a bargain Jack: I think it's the best Pentax have come up with in terms of digital, although having said that I've yet to try any of the subsequent models including the two full framers.

Here's a bit of further viewing, put together by two of your fellow countrymen (and fellow photo retail workers);-

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I bet your hand went supersonic reaching for your wallet!

Cracking bargain, well spotted, Jack.

S

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

At that price even I might have been tempted!...:D

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You'll probably photograph the villan that nicked it being arrested:D

6. Done_rundleCams

Cool ... thanks Martin and I'll say it was :) ,but, sadly or not, Chris Nichols (sp?) left the retail world :eek: ... to go
    work the Dark Side ... aka DPReview :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

7. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chris and Jordan Drake (the guy who films their videos and talks about the video capabilities of the cameras they review) left to join DPR's YouTube channel. But TCSTV still put stuff up on YouTube by Evelyn Drake (Jordan's wife) and Dave Paul from the store.
    I also really enjoy the YouTube films put up by another photographer from Calgary, the film and film camera enthusiast Azriel Knight. Definitely a different take on photography.

Closer to home for you, one of the many videos uploaded on the subject of the revived Ektachrome 100 was by a chap who bought some from a camera store in Vancouver the day it became available: from your good self perhaps?

8. Done_rundleCams

Hi Martin,

Nope, wasn't me who did a review of the Ektachrome 100 :eek:. Although, I thought it might have been my co-worker but I checked the store website and, whilst he has done videos and I'm pretty sure he did something on the Ektachrome 100E film, I couldn't find anything :eek:. Not sure, who might have done the review and, I'm guessing, that's there a 30% chance the person purchased the film from us :D

Cheers,

Jack