1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your personal favourite portrait?

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Aug 31, 2018.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

He loves dicing with death....

peterba likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Like I said, too far away to slap!

peterba likes this.
  3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Believe that, and you'll believe anything.

S

peterba likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'll take my chances...

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

... in the last-chance Saloon? :eek:

Zou and steveandthedogs like this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

This is my favourite portrait. There's probably plenty to pick fault with, but it's special to me as it marks the moment that Mrs. B. felt comfortable in front of the camera after a couple of years where health problems and medication side effects saw her lose all self-confidence as she gained 4 dress sizes. Improving health combined with diet and excercise has seen her go from a size 22 back to a size 16. A little way to go still, but the smile and twinkle in her eyes tells you everything you need to know.

jewl4.jpg

El_Sid, IvorCamera, Catriona and 3 others like this.
  7. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

us017.jpg

This is us and us is most important. Now great grandparents and coming up 54 years.

EightBitTony, spinno and Catriona like this.
  8. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

And if I may be so bold as to say, you were punching well above your weight there sir ;):)

EightBitTony likes this.
  9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

54? Christ that’s young to be a great grandparent.

10. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Possibly means married/together 54 years?

11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Austin Powers: international man of mystery

12. dream_police

Another attempt at being funny. I really should use a smiley I guess.

13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Or try being funny :p

Zou likes this.
  14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Or stop horsing around.

S

spinno likes this.
  15. dream_police

Ouch

16. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Noel Edmonds I came across him while out walking in Birmingham, the picture was taken with my wife's compact camera, you guessed it my camera was at home in the camera bag! he was a charming man unlike some and did not mind at all....
    Noel Edmonds.jpg

Catriona likes this.
  17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I still can't put up my portraits of my late hubby. Even nearly six years on, I still have dreams so vivid I wake thinking he's still around.

I'm so glad to see photos above of wives and partners. They are so important, believe me.

Zou and dream_police like this.
  18. dream_police

I am the same with my daughter. We have no photos of her in the house other than the ones that we had in frames prior to her death. As soon as I look at old photos i'm done. We keep trying to get some more printed but neither myself, my wife or my daughter can do it yet, although Becky is better than we are. To make matters worse not long after her death I had a total HD failure on my NAS and I lost everything that was on it. A lot, although not everything by a long stroke, luckily, had been duplicated from older drives. I still cannot bring myself to connect old drives to see what is there, but certainly the 1st 18 years or so of her life will still be there (I hope).

19. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I understand. I was lucky in that we had a long time together. Still tough though.

20. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

This is one of the reasons I tell people if you are going to have a portrait of a loved one in the room the ideal size should be 5x7 if they get to big they seem to be looking at you no matter where you are in the room, Its always a tough call when a family member passes away....my commiserations to all.

Catriona likes this.