1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire meet?

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Barney, Jan 30, 2007.

?

Do you think polls are useful?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Eh up, given the number of Northern based photographers on this forum what's the general feeling towards a Yorkshire based meet?

Potential locations are almost too numerous but if we made it somewhere in the West Riding or the west of the North Riding it might encourage some of the less fortunates from the wrong side of the Pennines to venture across and see how the righteous live.

Anyone up f'r it?

2. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Which side is the wrong side, may I ask?

I'd be up for that. Whitby, perhaps?

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

In what way is Whitby west? :D :D

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

The dark side i.e. West side. Or, in other words, the 'orrible bit the M6 goes through before it gets to Cumbria! Okay, okay, I'll type it, L-a-n-c-a-s-h-i-r-e. Urgh, right, I'm off for a bath now.

5. bagpuss

I'm from the dark side!!! :mad:

Whereabouts are you thinking of, then? Ingleton/Ribblehead is nice. Waterfalls and what-not.

6. bagpuss

Forgive me - not enough coffee to power grey cells. :eek:

7. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Really? Nevermind, we'll still let you in to Yorskhire as long as you have six months left on your passport.

I suppose location will depending on who's coming, where they're coming from and what they'd like to shoot. I can take four adults with some degree of comfort in my car if people fancy the Dales etc but it may be easier to meet in a town or city with a rail link if not.

8. bagpuss

I can take 6 people in my Galaxy. So long as you all put your tripods on your knees!

So people could get trains to Leeds/Lancaster and be picked up.

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I can pick from York or Leeds, but to be fair if they're on the train anyway Harrogate would be so much easier!

All this is a bit academic though as it's only thee and me showing any interest! We could do it on a tandem, bags be on the back.

10. bagpuss

Have they got the wheel invented in Yorkshire now? ;)

11. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

May be up for it but it depend on the date!

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Im up for it, but NOT if its in Harrogate! :eek: And I could only do between 31 March - 15 April :(

13. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

What's wrong with 'Arrogate? :eek: I did actually mean that it would be easier to do a pick up in 'Arrogate as opposed to doing a tour there. :cool:

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

She's not old enough to go to Harrogate! :D

(Actually, considering the amount of time I spent there as a kid - my grandparents lived there - that's clearly a silly statement even for me... :D)

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If it's easy to get to by train and I can make the date....stranger things have happened than me turn up ;)

Just watching this thread with interest tho noo.

16. jeffA

jeffA Well-Known Member

Iwould be interested depending on date and work situation,thats if you do not mind having an amateur tag along
    Jeff

17. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Me too! Think I might have an ulterior motive for attending this meet! :D

18. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

hmm, will have to keep an eye on this thread..might be up for it depending on where and when.

Our lass worked in 'Arrogate for a while and she said she's never met such a load of stuck up people before in her life - worse than York.. (she's from Wolvo' where they are a friendly bunch) :D

19. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Aw! And there was me only trying to be inclusive! :D

20. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

If you meet up at Whitby and it is after the 6th April then you can go on the NYMR right into Pickering.