1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Dales, Grassington, 21st May.

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Les_McLean, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Les_McLean

Les_McLean Well-Known Member

I'll be taking mine, and I know some of the others will, I agree they are not particularly needed, but one of the reasons I take a tripod is that it slows me down when taking shots, (i.e. it makes me think about a composition, rather than just snapping away)

Cheers

Les

2. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I find that they slow me down...going up hills....therefore you stop and take more photos!

Graeme

3. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Les,

Honestly, I would love to join you, after seeing some of your images, I'd like to catch some of your magic. Next time you're heading towards Skye, let me know.

We are heading here on May 20, otherwise.....
    [​IMG]

4. 0

0 Guest

Hi Les

Ok, just trying to balance out the extra weight versus the benefit!

Just hope for some really good shooting conditions.

Cheers

Phil

5. TomG

TomG Well-Known Member

Get some photos of the boats in the marina at Santa Eulalia and at Ibiza at sunset. It truly is gorgeous, I am most jealous, I stayed in Santa Eulalia a few years ago and it is a lovely place. Ibiza old town is an enchanting place I recommend you take a walk up there, it can take a long time as there are many routes to take!

6. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Sounds great, I won't be able to make it tho' as I'll be knackered from a weeks driving round Mull and back to York. Have been to Linton sevaral times though (Linton-in-Craven) there are two Lintons aren't there :rolleyes:
    I know a chap there who represents artists and photographers. Very nice area.

7. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Obviously missed out on this one. Are you planning on anymore in Yorkshire/the North? I'll be up for them if you are once my move to Harrogate's done and dusted.

8. Les_McLean

Les_McLean Well-Known Member

Yes, we will, the one planned for yesterday was partly cancelled because of the dire weather, although a few of us die-hards turned out, mainly to get a soaking.

I'll be arranging something for late June/July

Cheers

Les

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/

9. Steve_Bell

Steve_Bell Well-Known Member

I was at my sisters in Gargrave for a few days, and as I wouldn't have time to visit for some time, I did your walk yesterday. The heat was unbearable, I didn't carry enough water and should have worn a hat. I was carrying my 4x5 kit and tripod, and using readyloads to keep the weight down, there was just no room to carry extra water. Highlights of the walk were Grassington Wiers, the stepping stones over to Linton church, and the church, where the bridge crosses Hebden Beck, and Bare House. There were probably more interesting areas off to the right on the Dales Way stretch, but all that kept me going was the thought of a pint once I got back to Grassington. Infact I polished off 2 and could have drunk the pub dry.

Before leaving today, I went back to Grassington Wier, and onto the rocks in the centre of the river under the footbridge, and spent a few hours there. The area is well worth visiting.