1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by quiteone, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

H*ll is not that bad really.................. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. hodgo

hodgo Well-Known Member

I'm Hull born & bred, & Hull is nowhere near as bad as people make out there are far worse places, I prefer Hull to other places in the area (No Names so as not to spark a war) as the people are much more friendly & not living in cliques as they often do in those other places.

I certainly don't like big cities such as the nation's capital which are too cold & impersonal, I'd rather spend my time in the countryside where there as just many photographic opportunities & the folk are far more friendly and down to earth.

Graham

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

You mean anywhere south of Ashby-de-la-Zouch ;)

4. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Ah Hull. I was there at uni on Cottigham Road 1980-1983 though lived in The Boulevard and then Ella Street. It took a while to get used to Hull, the accent of the locals and the fact that dogs roam the streets freely like cats in other towns.

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

H*ll must have improved. I went there to go to the 2nd GB v Kiwis Test and it was the first time I'd been to H*ll and not seen bother in some shape or form.

6. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Same in York Fen, Grape Lane was called Grope C**t Lane as well :eek:

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Couldn't have got much worse. "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us!"

(Yeah, I know the original context, but it's much more amusing out of context. :D)

8. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

you learn something new every day, found this on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropec**t_Lane

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Ooh goo on do tell :)

H*ll seems a lot worse now than it was when I was a kid. We used to have to go there all the time (coming from Cl**th*rpes :eek: )

I was just surprised you said you lived between York and H*ll and that you didnt like York much :D

Ive taken the b/f back up to York a few times and he says he loves it there "proper Yorkshiremen, people are so friendly" :eek: I think they are anywhere north of Watford arent they? OK OK anywhere outside of the M25... :(

10. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Well, the next time you are up on a Sunday Erm, maybe organise a meet up?

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oh yes! Plenty of fine drinking establsihmnts to test out yet. :D