1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York Minster night

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by RogerMac, Jan 8, 2010.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

York Minster is open tomorrow (Saturday 9th) evening.

Photography is encouraged and there s a competition to provide the publicity photo for the next night, it probably has got restrictive conditions for entry but you can just go along to take photos if you want

Clicky

Roger

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Sounds good to me :)

Last time I was there, there was loads of scaffolding but managed to get a hand held shot of the front with my compact - as I couldn't get it all in, I went for the two street lamps as well :)

[​IMG]

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Have to say I'll pass. Photographing churches is one of the few aspects of photography that holds not one iota of interest to me.

4. RogerMac

Unfortunately if you do not put up scaffolding every now and then it ends up looking like the Abbey ruins (taken noon today)
    [​IMG]

Roger

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No need to be grumpy about it. It was a polite invitation. Are you a follower of Dawkins? I happen to be a bit of an atheist myself but I think that the historic church buildings are magnificent and also that the C of E is a good thing for those people who believe in all that supernatural stuff.
    I hope casual visitors have a bit more respect at York than some seen recently at Southwell Minster.

6. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

:D

Delighteful shot :cool:

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Agree with Learning. Not religious at all, but some of the buildings are architecturally stunning.

8. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I didn't think I was being grumpy. And even if a I were, isn't that the status quo of this here forum?

The history of the minsters and cathedrals is indeed fascinating and the architectural achievements are to be marvelled at, I just find photos of the interior of churches in the main extremely dull.

9. RogerMac

Barney grumpy? never :D

I certainly did not take any offence

Roger

10. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Calm down, it was a commercial lol