1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York Meet - July 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Ephemeral, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Re: Bugger!

Good God Graham...what an awful photo lol.

You can tell my head was too big for it as well! haha...it's kinda just balancing on top.

Oh well... I'm still hoping Erm's comes out better!

2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Errr, double bugger. Forgot all about this and have now agreed to go flat hunting with my sister. Hope you all have a fine time without me, despite the weather!

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Did someone say hat?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

If? If???????? :eek: :D :D :D

Yesterday:

It was a wee bit wet:

[​IMG]

So I thought Id shelter o the York Wheel. Not much of a view though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They also put me in a pod all of my own, oh how VIP... :cool: 'cept its a bit boring when theres sod all to see and nobody to talk to... :(

This was about the best view I got from the wheel:

[​IMG]

but then I got a call from good ol' Rich who was hibernating in the pub with the rest of em... so we kind of circulated the pubs most of the day really :eek:

[​IMG]

This bloke didnt sem to mind the weather tho...

[​IMG]

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

On the odd occasion it dried up fgor a few seconds, some people even took some ph*t*gr*phs... :eek: :eek: I just did the odd snap on the compact as I was buggered if I was gonna come out from under my brolly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Well, what can I say - first time out on an AP meet and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Going through my pics at the mo so I can post a few up later. Weather cleared up at last later on - good job really as a few brollies went tits up ;) :D

Nice to put faces to names. :cool:

7. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

yes - rather than feet :D

It was nice that the weather cleared, it did limit drinking time as there was no excuse not to go out and take photos

and erm now has more people in hats photos for the forum

8. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Looks like I missed a nice wet weekend :rolleyes:

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Hats, er, on to the latecomers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for the shakiness, we were slightly squibulated by this point. This was the end of Sunday, just before a couple more left and only the hardcore aka Steve (Ephemeral) and Graham (geepee) and moi remained :cool: They were shagging like, er, sheep in there! :eek: :

[​IMG]

I did *try* to go to a pub earlier:

[​IMG]

but:

[​IMG]

so we finally spent a bit of time snapping Sunday, when the rain eased off, (but I didnt believe it was gonna ease off so I only took the compact again):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to some pubs eventually though, as this is where the best photos happen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Blimey, that hat gets around don't it.. hope no one has nits. :D

here's a few pics, will have more to follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

As some of you may know I was unable to come to York over the weekend due to bad health I was feeling sleepy and to be honest my back has been giving me pain.

I suffer from MGUS which is an initial stage of Myeloma or cancer of the bone marrow. I've just returned from seeing the Consultant and the test findings are that my Myeloma may not be breaking out after all, but what they have found are two small tumours on my vertebrae called plasmacytomers, which I've had elsewhere before and are easily dealt with through radiotherapy, but can be very painful.

Personally, strange as this may sound, I releaved that it's not Myeloma since there is no cure, only treatment.

No wonder I was feeling so poorly lol

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Awww sorry to hear youre not well, we missed you :( Hope things keep looking good! :)

13. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Nice to hear from you Mark, glad you've found the cause of the pain and it is the lesser of the problems

hope to see you on another of the outings sometime :)