1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York Meet - July 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Ephemeral, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Re: Bugger!

Bright sunshine and pretty warm today, so that guarantees it..

..tomorrow it will be peeing down. :D

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

S'pose to be showers in the afternoon, Sat & Sun...

I was considering crossing the Pennines but I don't have a visa, nor have I had my booster jabs. :rolleyes:

3. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

I've got both my mastercard and visa and if I drink enough I should avoid catching anything nasty. ;) :D :D

4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Nobody visiting the Jorvik Centre with a flash gun then ????????????

5. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Mine as well but I thought he was more into f*st*ng etc rather than b*gg*ry? I even originally typed a reference to his work in my original post then deleted it.

6. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

True, but it's all in the same neck of the woods... :rolleyes:

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Its been a glorious day in York today! :D Spent the avvy walking round Rowntree Park, then went to the local pub for a pint of honey beer and had a dog scoff all me strawberries! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me room's a touch tight tho!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Just had a pleasant evening walking around York. Spotted the Blue Bell pub which Erm posted a picture of in this thread, so went in and what a good pub it is. :cool: The barman even recommended a great curry house so I had to call back in at the Blue Bell on the way back. :cool:

9. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Haven't been round Rowntrees Park in ages, which pub did you go into? Honey beer - Waggledance by any chance?

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

It wasn't a big chap called Paddy was it? If so, may have been my housemate lol.

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oo what curry place was it? Im needing something for tonight. Theres a good chippy down the road, but I decided to just have some bread and hummous in me room last night, 'cept they didnt have any bread, or any hummous. I didnt fancy an uncooked pizza so I had a sausage roll and some doritos dipped in a revolting nacho sauce...bleurgh... so tonight it is the chippy or the curry place.

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Went to the White Swan, always nice in there, they have 3 guest beers plus Timothy Taylor and a couple of others.

Cant remember what the honey beer was called, began with P I think. Heather and honey it was. Def not Waggledance.

Ill pop in and have another later to check for you ;) :D

13. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

That's odd - most beers end with a p.

14. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Oh they did today... more than a couple of beers were sunk. Lots of Terrier :)

The rain forced us into the pubs...such a hard life!

First person to understand why Erm bought a finger mouse gets a prize...it all seemed very odd at the time...she ended up walking the streets of York waving it at random people.

I believe someone got a photo of it for the disbelievers....

15. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

If its peeing down Sunday - what's the plan, Still meeting at the Minster at 11?
    Are fingerbobs optional? :D

..and shall I bring my hat?

16. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Not sure if I will be there tomorrow...I need to buy a suit for a wedding...but I may pop along just to say hello and then bugger off again...so let me know if you change the meeting arrangements.

Only Erm can pull off a fingerbob...

Now why does that sound dirty to me?

17. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Phnaar phnaar, snick snick.. :D

18. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Don't you all want a hat like this :-

[​IMG]

19. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Well I will still be there at 11am, booked my seat and all - might go into a pub or two if it is raining ;)

20. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Just like today then. :cool: