1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York Meet - July 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Ephemeral, Jun 14, 2008.

1. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Bugger!

Ive only just realised what day it is, its Thursday already! :eek: Scheise, Id better pack, me train goes in the morning! Eeee I didnt realise it was so soon, best book a taxi! :)

2. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Re: Bugger!

Mmm Im more bothered that I have nothing clean to wear, so Ive just bunged it all in the washing machine... er... I cant see it being dry by tomorra...

Is it gonna be walking boots or flip flops eh...I cant teck two sets of clothes, I want the bliddy weather to make its mind up :D

3. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Me too, I'm sat here in boxers and a t-shirt, supping coffee and reading this site. I should be packed and on the road by now heading up to my sister's place near Leeds.

4. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Just been looking at all the forecasts for the weekend in York, not that they can be relied on, but it's looking like a lot of rain.

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Barstewards :(

Brollies and beer then :)

I dont possess any clean trousre swith long legs

6. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Railway Museum and Pubs :D

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

R*ilw*y M*se*m????!!! :eek: Tell you what, Ill sit in the pub while you do that bit... :eek: :D

8. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

I just need to finish packing tonight, so I can grab my stuff and get on the train as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. I've just received a new toy to play with over the weekend. :cool:

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

oooooh do tell :D

10. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

OT...

Saw the title of the thread (new, revised title) and was a little wary of clicking the link - not sure that bu99ery is a suitable event for photography! :eek:

11. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Boring really, it's just a Canon 50mm F/1.8 II which I've been meaning to get for some time. :cool:

12. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

I missed all this, did the thread move?

Unfortunately this coming weekend is no good for me, which is a shame as I've never been to a forum day out or met anyone else from here.

All I can do is say that I hope that everyone has a good time :D and that next time you lot don't pick the one weekend of the year so far I can't come.

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Mmm well Ive packed some clothes that are dry...which isnt many... :eek: so I hope the rest dry before tomorrow... or it could be a scary weekend for Yorkshire... :eek: :D

Ive packed my camera and three lenses... but somehow I dont think the 70-300 will still be there by tomorrow though... in fact the way its going Ill probably just take the compact :eek: I seem to have lost my only spare battery anyhoo :(

Oh, and all the buses I wanted to go on don't go on Saturdays! Pah! :( So Im not sure what Im gonna do wi mesen Saturday now :D

14. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

So have I but not sure whether or not to bring it

Samsung GX-20 with kit lens

:D

15. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

I'm all of a dither - it's nearly the weekend... Haven't done any washing.. ARGH!!
    ...hang on, I live here - so that's all right then. :D

Never take any notice of weather forecasts, York is in a vale so most of it blows over. Been warm the last couple of days with a bit of thundery rain earlier on this afternoon - didn't last long.

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I am inclined to agree.......

but that didn't stop Mapplethorpe :eek:

17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Yeah...you lot are a right bunch of fairies....it'll be fine! Have a little faith in Yorkshire!

And if all else fails, we can get really really drunk!

18. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Took the very words from my fingertips! :eek:

19. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, as much as I was looking forward to the weekend and meeting you all I am going to have to pull out due to illness. Just cancelled my hotel booking, lucky for me no deposit lost.

I've a major health issue which has raised its ugly head again which is making me very tired and I have an appointment to see my consultant on Monday to find the outcome of recent tests.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves and have a beer or six for me.

20. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Mark and I hope you'll be feeling better soon.