1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yongnuo 40mm pancake autofocus nikon fit

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by PMurrell, Sep 10, 2017.

1. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Tempted to try out this lense for everyday use instead of carrying the 35mm 1.4g and 50mm.Should perform ok on a 12mp camera.

Anyone own a Yongnuo lens?

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The reviews of Yongnuo lenses are not ecstatic. Personally I think I would just buy the Canon 40mm STM, it's not expensive and it's not a copy.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

But the sticky tape required to get it attached to the Nikon is a bit of a problem.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

:oops:

Another problem is that it is not yet available! I have a 40mm Ultron which is excellent but now costly and is of course manual focus, useful as a short standard or a rather narrow wide angle, to use a contradiction in terms.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I had a *very* quick search, is there not a good value Nikkor 40mm pancake? I couldn't see one.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No, I'll stick to Canon but interesting views expressed in this week's AP. (w/e 16th Sept).

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

There was a 40mm manual
    There was a 45mm manual focus f2.8 pancake with electronics for exposure and rangefinder, it was apparently a reasonable performer. Iirc there were not a huge number produced, it is now scarce and expensive. There is a 40mm AF macro of course.

8. PMurrell

If it's not too pricey I'll give it a go. I have a Nikon.

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

????????

EightBitTony likes this.
  10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Yes, my thought was that it was a copy of the Canon STM 40mm lens, I missed that you were a Nikon user. I would expect it will be sub-£100.

11. PMurrell

Ok - Item arrived on Saturday. AF hit and miss but what do expect for £60?! Lol

Attached Files:

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Where did you find it?

13. PMurrell

eBay.