1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet Another Zinio Failure

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Wheelu, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Yup, can't access the latest edition of AP, despite being told that I can.

It appears on my list of mags within the reader but I cannot open it. This is the third time now that I have had this kind of problem, which, in the past has involved contacting Zinio and then being advised to un-install the software and delete directories followed by a complete re-installation.

This service is intolerably poor, I will NOT be re-subscribing!

2. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

As there have been no other complaints received and Zinio have been contacted and there are no general problems of which they are aware I can only presume it to be a local issue.

If you contact the editorial office with your email details we can pass them on to Zinio as they have requested.

3. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

Difficult to post this without seeming smug, but I've had no problems with mine. I'm now 8 issues on and have had no trouble. Sorry that the OP has, but as you say, it seems to be a local issue. Do you know (I'm sure you do) how many people subscribe this way? I have to say, it works for me - AP and Nat Geo - great on the pad!

4. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Wheelu is experiencing a problem with their Zinio subscription. AP/I take this seriously.

If they, or anyone else is experiencing the same - or any other AP related issue - contact AP editorial and they/I can investigate and rectify the problem:).

The contact details can be found in my 'signature'.

I'm not at liberty to say ;)

m

5. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Thanks for your concern Mark, but I don't think that this is just a local issue. The Zinio reply to my post is as follows:

"We're experiencing a problem in the production process of certain titles that require Zinio Reader 4 in order to view. The symptom that some users are reporting is that after opening Zinio Reader 4, there is no download arrow and the issue cannot be opened by clicking on the thumbnail cover.

When we report the problem it is resolved within 48 hours. After 48 hours, please follow the steps below (please note that the steps will delete previously downloaded content and require you to download it again if that is your preference)."

They provide a fix for Window XP, Windows 7 and MAC users. Unfortunately it does not appear to work for me this time. I may try again, but am becoming fed up with this need to constantly delete and re-install the software.

6. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

Sorry - I take it seriously too.:( I hope Wheelu has better luck with this issue.
    I had a problem with copies of Nat Geo not getting 100% downloaded and had to re-install the software once. Since then, touch wood...
    I actually had very quick and effective support (e-mail) from Zinio. I hope Wheelu's experience doesn't put off others form trying as it is (when it works, clearly) a really good way of receiving the magazine.
    Once again, apologies if I sounded flippant the first time.:)
    Mine's on iPad 2 - what platform are you using Wheelu?

7. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

I use Windows XP Pro, with Microsoft Security Essentials and the AdAware freebie. No problems running CS4, Microsoft Office and Canon's DPP, but continual issues with Zinio's reader unfortunately.

8. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Me too. It's getting almost routine to have to remove Adobe Air and Zinio and reinstall them to see the magazines. I won't be renewing.

9. Estelle_Hicks-Bennett

Estelle_Hicks-Bennett Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your Zinio experience.

Please can I ask you to email me directly: >email< - and I will look into this with Zinio for you.

Thanks

Estelle

10. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

About as stable and reliable as any platform gets, then. Surely they must be able to sort it out for you.
    Got my fingers crossed....