1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another newbie! :O)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Dizzers, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Dizzers

Dizzers New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm Helen and I live in Tiverton.

I only joined today but have been a keen amateur photographer for a few years on and off. I'm a single parent to my 4year old son who has Down's syndrome and photography is great respite for me.

I use a Canon 60d with a variety of lenses and am looking for some advice and recommendations as to a relatively good value wide angle and macro lens to add to add to my bag, does anyone have any suggestions?

many thanks

Helen

2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

The Sigma 10-20 has been popular but I got me the EF-S 15-85mm to take care of my wide angle and every day use. As for macro personally I like the 60mm from Canon but the 100mm will give better working distance if bugs are your thing. The 90mm from Tamron has been a bit of a legend fantastic value for money (the old model, not this years improved one).

3. 2lude

2lude Well-Known Member

Welcome wish I could help but I can't

4. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum. I have a Canon 60mm and a 100mm. I prefer the 60mm. You can get a lot closer to subjects and the image quality is good.