1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yellows

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:11 PM.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The foeground is in the same light as the yellows so it looks a bit odd to be a couple of stops down. Crop square maybe?

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well seen. You could just settle for the top half and make it a bit simpler perhaps?

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I like it as it is but was also going to suggest using just the top but having now tried it I feel it makes the image weaker. - without the lines at the bottom the figure and the sign seem to compete with each other rather than balance..

That said I personally would lose a smidgen off the bottom...

Yellow by lfc.jpg

5. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
    The foreground seems dull as they’re mucky street tiles and don’t reflect much light back, but I can see what you mean about the imbalance.

Initially it was all about the top half against the shadow only, but, I feel it just grounds the shot a little with the lower half and the lines kinda lead back to or point to the guy.

Works either way I think.

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well I think it obeys my spatial rule of two, but I'd prefer some air over top of the sign.

[​IMG]

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I played with that one and I quite like it, but I also like a little triangle of contrast below it with the paving. I think there's a few shots in there, and as part of @lfc1892 's 'portfolio' several of them work. I think it's stronger with just the two yellow elements but some small triangle of contrast.