1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by caledonia84, May 16, 2018 at 6:09 PM.

1. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Y ThO?! by Scott H, on Flickr

Visited Kew gardens while in London at the weekend and it rained for the full 4 hours I was there all the while being gloriously sunny back in Scotland :(. Enjoying working with a zoom lens again, this 24-105 is very good for a general walk around focal range. Not the same IQ as my primes but what good is IQ if I can't get or miss the shot anyway?

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very nice. Could discuss endlessly where they ideally should be. Personally I think I'd prefer lower, on the lower third approaching the choice, or a little bit further up.

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Oooh I like that. Could re-name it 'Decision Made' :)

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Lower down approaching the choice would balance it a bit better I think, it feels a bit top-heavy.

Must go to Kew again, it seems like a long time. That tree walk was newly opened if I remember rightly. I saw the thread suggesting a visit - last time I looked it had sidetracked off to something else.

5. caledonia84

Makes perfect sense, had a look through the other shots but they were all coming towards me :(

much better than Y!

Thanks Pete, the new Pagoda looks very impressive too and is due to be finished for the summer so might be worth waiting for that

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Nicely observed, they look as though they are walking on a tree. Might have been even better with them a little less far along the path, then we could ask which way will they choose?

7. caledonia84

Thanks Nimbus, definitely a better suggestion for the composition