1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP taskbar

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by daft_biker, Jul 30, 2007.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Just got Windows XP at work but am having some bother with the taskbar grouping windows together :(

With NT I had the taskbar twice normal height and had a task for each window I had open...can I do that with XP? I can resize the toolbar no problem but it's pointless as it's grouping all outlook an IE windows together....a major PITA as I have half a dozen 3270 screens open most of the time. XP takes two mouse movements and two clicks to switch window where NT only needed one :mad:

2. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

Right click on Taskbar -> Properties -> 'Group similar taskbar buttons'.
    HTH.

3. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

Just beat me to it Norman.

4. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Don't tell me - you'll get Vista at work when Windows 2020 is released. :D

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If we are lucky we'll get Vista this century! (although TBH I prefered the 3270 emulator we has on Win 3.1...everything since has been a downgrade IMO. I've never had the pleasure of a dumb terminal.)

Thanks for the info guys...will check it out tomorrow.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Dumb terminals weren't exactly exciting! The first ones I used at work were amber on black, and not much fun to use. Then we got green on black....
    PC 3270 was a huge improvement, and now we too have a web-based emulator. It's OK, actually, but there's virtually nothing left on the mainframe now.

And we're still on Win 2K, with no prospect of Xp for some time yet!

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

We're not allowed a PC 3270 anymore as folk were storing passwords in macros :mad: I can't even remap keys with web 3270 on XP as I'd need full admin rights on the PC to be able to do that :( The mainframe here keeps getting bigger(biggest in Europe?).....just gotta watch out for those Indian dudes wanting my job!!

Thanks again for the info chaps. My taskbar is cluttered once more :D