1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 23mm curious about it....

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Scphoto, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Wooo Hoooo .... good news, Stephen :) All of which means you
    can start looking for new Fuji kit ;) or, perhaps, prepare for
    a little trip to use your new Fuji stuff :)

Cheers,

Jack

Scphoto likes this.
  2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Can't touch the money, it has to be returned to my savings to pay off* Beardy Branson's Credit card!

That said, I sold some stuff at my Camera club (£400) so with the cash back (£570) what's left over might be able to fund a small lens - handy as the photography show is coming up in a couple of months.

*I could just give him the money - but it's a 0% card so I want to earn a little interest on it - and having my own savings pot it comes in handy to purchase the odd camera!

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Wise moves, indeed, Stephen :)

Cheers,

Jack

Scphoto likes this.
  4. Scphoto

I decided to trade all my Eos stuff in so after this and the cashback I have a bit of lens spending money.

Currently thinking of the 100-400mm + 1.4 converter, but I'm holding off till the Photography Show in a few weeks as there might be more discounts or cashback offers available.

I'm tempted to replace my traded Eos fisheye with a Samyang version, I'll have a play with one at the show first.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I use the 7.5mm version on my M43 kit. It's more useful than a full circle one. Fisheyes can inject a bit of "WTH?" into otherwise boring shots but they need to be used sparingly.

Panasonic GM5_red 8GB 02 P1230314.JPG

Done_rundleCams and Scphoto like this.
  6. Scphoto

Thanks Andrew. I personally prefer your type, I'm not keen on the full circle versions.

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Well worth considering, I've have an 8mm one in Nikon fit...

[​IMG]
    The Dying Pier - Bognor
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

8. Done_rundleCams

a few taken with my Pentax Q7 and it's Fisheye lens, albeit a manual focus fixed 5.6 lens

Feb23-18-AP-Fri-IMGP5929 copy.jpg Feb25-18-AP-Sun-IMGP5944 copy.jpg Feb25-18-AP-Sun-IMGP5947 copy.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

Scphoto and steveandthedogs like this.
  9. Done_rundleCams

Hi Stephen,

We, the store, have sold a number of the 100-400 lenses and one of them went to Antartica on a Nat Geo trip
    and, of the results I've seen, albeit on Facebook, it looks a great lens :). They, the Nat Geo team who went
    to Antarctica, had a show of their images but, of course, it was on working day for me :(. So, hopefully, one of
    these days ;)

As for the Fisheye, something that Fuji hasn't announced but, luckily, there's an abundance out there from
    other manufacturers :) and they are, indeed, fun :D

Cheers,

Jack

Scphoto likes this.