1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X100F

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Look's as though this new camera will be available sometime soon. Only advantage I can see is the "Acros " film simulation which I use exclusively on my X Pro 2. Not quite sure whether to upgrade my X100T, a swinging screen would have persuaded me. I suppose I will, I am a person of little sense or self control when it comes to cameras, drink, fast cars or women. Although age is beginning to tell re the last three.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I've had a fiddle with the X100F and the XF50/2.0, Brian, and, of the two, if I were you, I'd opt for the
    lens :)

Cheers,

Jack

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

But I have the lens Jack. The 23mm f2 is one more great Fuji lens. However the thought of a camera with "Acros" and the two converter lenses is rather appealing.

4. Done_rundleCams

Hmm, interesting, Brian :) I would have thought that you would have opted to add the 50/2 to your X-Pro2 kit :eek: … mainly because of your comment
    in line #10 of this post http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/threads/new-arrival.131012/

;)

Jack

5. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Sorry Jack I got muddled with your comment re the 50mm f2, I read that as 56mm F1.2, or it might have been 23mm f2 how? Bugger if I know.

However the 50mm f2 will complete a great trinity of ness.......effectively back to my Summicron days. Now got it on pre- order:) My bank manager say's hi.

Question will be whether to dispose of my 56mm f1.2.

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Just been checking on utube re the 50mm, WOW that is a magnificent growth you have there Jack.

7. Done_rundleCams

Hi Brian …. and to your bank manager ;),

Just keeping you on your toes, 50mm lens wise ;) and, yep, that trinity of f/2 lenses seems
    like an ideal (for some photographers) dream :) Although, personally, I would love substitute
    the 35/2 for a 16/2 :D

And, yep, apparently, I've become a bit a youtube cameo appearance star :D and thank you sir :)
    although, if, somehow, me mum sees that, I'll be getting a not to pleasant phone call :eek: …. ;)
    But, at least, now, I can tell her that I have a legion of fan who kind of likes it :D

Cheers,

Jack

Brian likes this.
  8. Nikonchris

Nikonchris Well-Known Member

X100F.....1249 quid....?? Is it worth that?

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

To me? No. To some people? Yes, probably.

Mind you, the price will probably drop a bit after a while...

10. Done_rundleCams

It probably won't drop for a few years, Steve :eek: , but, there will, probably,
    be some rebates over time ;)

cheers,

Jack

11. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I bought the X100T after spending two weeks using the Leica Q. Despite my well known fondness for all things from Wetzlar I chose the Fuji. Why? It's the camera Leica should have made.

Re the X100F first instinct was to order one, but then got involved in printing some A3's from my T. Side by side comparison with the output from my XPro 2 ( same innards as the F) is that the difference in the real world and not those from the inhabitants of planet Zog is the best part of zilch. Of course a tiltable screen would have swung the matter, but hey hey, shall have to wait for the next model.

Done_rundleCams and Nikonchris like this.
  12. Done_rundleCams

And, of course, Brian, whilst waiting for the Tiltable screen for next X100? and with the dosh saved, a 50/2 can be had :) and, perhaps, a trip to the No-Fun City ;), or, ideally, somewhere
    neat :D

Cheers,

Jack

13. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

So you know Leeds Jack. ;) Waiting for the 50mm F2 to complete the Trinity. Decided to keep the 56mm, amazing lens although too heavy by far.

Bought a Billingham bag, Hadley Small, wonderful quality and cheap as chips.

Message to all my fans. ;(

No I have taken up portering, the Hadley is only to store the equipment. I haven't mastered the art of using one lens, what the hell would I do with a bag full to cart around.

Actually the X100T worn under the shoulder even gets approval from my tailor.

14. Done_rundleCams

I sold several Billingham bags, including, at least, one Hadley Small, Brian :) and, of course,
    knowing your taste, you, probably stayed away from the Burgundy Canvas/Chocolate Leather combo :eek:
    -- https://www.billingham.co.uk/hadley-small.html -- That bag (size) reminds me of my Domke F-5XB
    shoulder bag -- http://www.domkebags.co.uk/shop-online/f-5xb-medium-shoulder-belt-bag/-- which, similar
    to your holy trinity, carried my Pentax (film) body (PZ-1) and three lenses (20/2.8, 35/2 and 90/2.5) on a
    few trips to the UK/Europe :) Sadly, I got the Sand coloured one and it took about 10 years to get it
    to the point where it didn't standout like a lighthouse :eek: …. ;)

As for the art of shooting with, but, one lens … I was forced to do that about 20+ years ago when
    all my kit was nicked and I was left with one Pentax MX (w/ a working winder but non-functioning
    meter) and a 35/2.8 lens ….. and I was shooting (quite) regularly for a news magasine :eek: …. but, survived :)

I like the idea of your X100T under the shoulder ….. very MI-6 (ish) ;) but, out of sight and one less
    thing for the ne-er do wels to spot :)

Cheers,

Jack