1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-T30 "Q" button

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Terrywoodenpic, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I have seen quite a few reports that the X-T30 Q button is very easily pressed accidentally with the consequent annoying Display popping up.
    They have issued a firmware update to make it less sensitive, and another one is in preparation.
    Neither of these solutions seems to fix the actual issue of it being too easily activated. as it sits proud of the thumb rest and so very easily pressed.

It would seem to me that the button should be slightly depressed within its setting. This could be potentially fixed in three ways.
    1-By physically removing some of the button thickness.
    2- By building up the surround with a ring of Sugru.
    3- by making a cap to fit over the thumb rest, Much like making a thin tooth crown with a hole in the centre.
    Possibly some one could persuade a friendly dental technician to make a few to sell.
    Any one using one?
    Is it a problem to you?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Not in the slightest ....... but, then again, I don't own a XT-30.

I don't see the point of a Q button at all - custom menu selection yes but why offer two views of the menu system?

3. Terrywoodenpic

I use the Q menu on other Fuji camera's and they are useful and quick.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Q Menu is quick and easy. Like it.

S

5. PeteRob

But what do you use it for? On my X-H1 I can't see any possible use but the camera does have dials/buttons for every key use. I'll have to dig out my X-E2 in case I've forgotten anything but once the camera is set up I don't recall having to go into the menu system.

6. Terrywoodenpic

You can set the Q menu up like fn buttons. For instance I have set one up for silent shooting so that I can turn it on and off with out searching the full menu system for it.
    another one I have set up is for changing the brightness of the screen. I also use one for flash settings. you can set them up for just about anything. unlike the full menu system you get where you want to go in one click.

7. PeteRob

I hadn't realised you could customise it. So its like a custom menu not just a second way into the menu system. I'll have a look later.