1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWZ Movie set pictures

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by caledonia84, Sep 2, 2011.

1. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

Thought this might interest a few people on this site

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1763179@N23/

Its a flickr group for the Brad Pitt movie World War Z set in Glasgow (adapted from the M. Brooks novel), I have a special interest in this as i was an extra playing a soldier in the movie.

We were strictly forbidin to take photos on set, however hundreds of people turned up every day and took pictures from the crowd, some very good ones aswell. I managed to get a few nice photos of me all dressed up to remind me of my time filming.

Its worth a look through they shipped over 150 american cars, trucks and army vehicles here and turned glasgow into Philladelphia for 2 weeks

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

According to the net. They switch it to the UK because of a lack of tax breaks for filming in the USA. :)

So I wonder how many errors will creep into the final product. Like the odd UK traffic sign. :D

3. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

Apparently Glasgow City Council allowed them to film for free also, I think they spent $5 million filming here.

I think there will be errors, we made a fair few! we got told If we were shouting at the public to "move" or "this way" to do it in American accents, after a few takes we were banned from saying anything as we were all too Scottish sounding :mad: we just had to mime it and they will add in the voiceovers later !

Bit of trivia for you if you look closely at the American flags on the soldiers arms they're all back to front! apparently its illegal to wear the original flag unless your a real US soldier, I've noticed it in a few films now.