1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW !! My SP-570UZ 'Super-Zoom 'IS Super !

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by PeteE, Oct 15, 2017.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Went to London yesterday for my Wife's Birthday Treat to see 'Wicked' paid for by Daughter -- I took my Son's SP-570UZ 'Super-Zoom' which he never uses now and saw a 'Golden Statue' on top of the Victoria Palace Theatre which is under renovation, so I tried the 'Super-Zoom' and it worked -- I got some good snaps with which I shall now bore you ---
    [​IMG]Golden Girl 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Golden Girl 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

RovingMike, Andrew Flannigan and SXH like this.
  2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

This is a use of the word 'bore' that I am not familiar with... ;)

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that many people get a lot of mileage out of these superzoom cameras. Perhaps they're just a little shy of sharing their stuff here. Anyway this is a heavily cropped shot out of my £5 Fujifilm SL300...

Fujifilm SL300 8GB 05 DSCF3604.JPG

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I have a Nikon P510. Dreadful EVF, makes me feel sick, but wow, what a zoom! As long as you keep an eye on the shutter speed and don't have any great printing aspirations, it's great for the interweb. I really ought to charge it up and have a wander with it.

5. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I paid 25 Quid to 'Club Funds' for the camera -- the Chairman rescued some gear from a Deceased Club Member who was found Dead in his living room. I think it was about £290 quid when new in about 2009. Nobody else WANTED the SP-570UZ .