1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow look at these photos

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by downfader, Nov 10, 2005.

1. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a superb project this guy has done. You know the artists modelling dolls to help you draw form, well he has used one of these to illustrate emotion in a rather shocking and beautiful way.

He seems to know his lighting and composition down to a tee. Gawd I need to practise more :D

http://www.pbase.com/davenit/man

2. Justanotherfish

Justanotherfish Well-Known Member

Great photos, a bit on the melancholy side!

3. downfader

Yeah, I know, thing is I like that dark side to it, it really works. Many people in art try and be dark (some Goths, for example), but this is just executed (pardon the punn) perfectly.

I really need to work harder ;)

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

They are brilliant. Bookmarked it straightaway.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Excellent indeed - "little man" maybe, but not silly.

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Morning Nick :)

7. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Not sure myself... unusual certainly, but too "graphic image" for my tastes. Still, I can see the appeal of them, they're certainly dark.

8. downfader

LOL! So you guys cant sleep either? :D

9. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Usual for me.

Did you gus look at the rest of his galleries? Some great graphic images.

10. downfader

Yeah I really like this one, I had a very similar idea but it appears, as always in life, that someone gets there before you :D

http://www.pbase.com/davenit/image/34335637 Its like in Life of Brian where Brian says "You're all individuals" and a voice exclaims "I'M NOT!!" How Ironic :D

Right, I'm off today to get some plasticine for my next project :D

11. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

I had to laugh at these, sorry but i thought they looked incredibly silly.
    And some looked like CGI jobbies.

12. Scouse1

Scouse1 Well-Known Member

I would have laughed but this guy needs help, seriously.

Good lighting though.... :)

13. Se7enUK

Se7enUK Active Member

hmmmm....different

14. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

That's some brilliant work.

Regards,

Provia_fan

15. downfader

Hmm, judging by the response here I'd say that his stuff is Photographic Marmite. You either love it or hate it with very little in between :D

16. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I think some people have just looked at the linked gallery and not some of his others.

Apart from the morbid stuff (which I find more humourous than depressing), his other photos I find quite inspirational. His lighting technique is superb!

17. Watsy

Watsy Well-Known Member

I think they're fantastic. The thought behind many of those is brilliant, I'd love to have such a creative mind. Spent quite some time looking through them & no doubt I'll be back for more.

18. downfader

I agree, I have found many ideas from what he's done that i now want to try (like the flash behind the canvas with the glasses). My bro bought some modelling clay on sunday (we needed plasticine for my Dad, he needs to make a resin mould) but its not suitable so I may use it to make loads of little men. Mini chinese army, anyone? :D

19. ab..

ab.. Well-Known Member

I couldn't decide, so I had to get a second opinion...

[​IMG]

20. downfader

Hehehe! Thank god you dont have 2 of them, or I'd hate to see how you'd arrange them ;)