1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geren, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I'm about to leave for Edinburgh where I'll be joining five other photographers for the preview of our group show - Landmarks. If you're around town, we'll be at the Patriothall Gallery in Stockbridge tonight from 6pm to 9pm, and the show's open for the next two weeks.

Here's a link to the instagram page with some sneak peek shots...

transient_collective

It would be lovely to see anyone who's around - I'm invigilating this Saturday and Sunday and the last Saturday and Sunday. There are artist talks happening on the 24th.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Good luck. Wish I was about in that time.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Enjoy it if you can!
    Best of luck!

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I don't suppose for a moment that you really need luck but if it is needed "Here's to you, all the best":)
    Afraid I will be otherwise engaged this w/e - SWIMBO has got roped into acting in a uni second year end of year video project which needs a lot of physical support! Otherwise I would have tried to catch the train to Scotland.

5. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well for you.... I’m sure it will

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Will keep this mind if over there in the next couple of weeks.

Graeme

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Great stuff. No luck involved.

Have a great one.

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Lovely stuff.
    Wish I could get up there.

S

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

190309-LandmarksExhib-001.jpg

Opening night went well, and we had more visitors than I had expected on both Saturday and Sunday. We'll be open Wednesdays through Sundays until the 24th with 'artist talks' on the last Sunday. So I'd better get writing one! (As well as packing a hot water bottle and more layers - gallery was not hot with the door swinging too and fro all day letting the hail in!)

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well done. I love the way yours are displayed, by the way! :)

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Will try to pop in as it's not far from work (excuse to actually take a proper lunch hour...). As already mentioned, no luck, just hard work and talent. OK, maybe a little luck, but HCB without luck would have been just another snapper - all the best had it. :)

12. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Kath, I went along this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition, and had a flick through your 'book' of photos to boot, lots to like. It was fairly quiet so had a chat with Adam about his hydroelectric dam pictures - I'm a sucker for huge man made structures in the landscape! I can only guess how much time and effort went into putting on the exhibition (I found some advertising postcards in the Filmhouse on Lothian Road) but hopefully good things will come of it. :)

Zou, daft_biker and Geren like this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Adam's work is fantastic isn't it? Every time I look at one of his images I think not just of how far he had to lug his gear to get the shots but the incredible logistics of building those things in the first place!

Zou, daft_biker and AlanW like this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Great wee show, best photographic show I've been to in ages. As with @AlanW your little book was a highlight. I'm also a sucker for concrete dams and some of the more abstract stuff was also really good.

Also did RSA New Contemporaries today which was the usual mixed bag, but the large photos of dying palm trees were excellent. Might pop in again to take my time with the conceptual stuff.

AlanW and Geren like this.
  15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Really glad you enjoyed it. I'm toying with the idea of coupling up some extracts from my journal with images to make a small book.

Zou likes this.
  16. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Also, I don't know what other social media you're on but Transient Collective has an instagram / Twitter and Facebook presence and if you felt like putting those very kind words on any of those platforms we'd be very, very chuffed to bits!!!