1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows versions

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Dorset_Mike, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

As a matter of interest I often wonder what Win 10 has that other versions do not, apart from massive updates many of which seem to cause problems.

I run Firefox as my browser and Thunder bird for email on Win 7, what - if anything - does win 10 offer that is significantly better for internet browsing and email.

I've used AVG free and Ad block for over 15 years with no problems, does Win 10 offer anything better?

I don't have, nor do I want, a touch screen

2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Nothing to be honest.
    It is better intigraded with Microsoft stuff like one drive and logging in using outlook credentials. Both can be seen a blessing or a curse.

3. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Nothing important to me: I only moved to W10 about a year ago when my 6 year old W7 PC's hard disc became terminally ill, and a new W10 PC was hardly more expensive that paying my PC man to sort out the W7 PC. However, W10 appears to offer lots of stuff for 'other devices' for people who collecting and enjoy using them, but I have tuned all that OFF.

Also, don't rush to buy any new software if you go to W10. All my stuff, some now 20 years old and originally used on a Windows 2000 or XP PC, works on W10. And if you do go to W10 and hate the 'busy' interface, find out about some for free software called 'Classic Shell'. My PC man recommended this to me - lots of his business customers use it when moving to W10. It make the Windows 'interface' for W10 look and work more like XP or W7.

proseak and peterba like this.