1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Live Gallery

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Richard Francis, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:57 PM.

1. Richard Francis

Richard Francis New Member

I used to record tags on defunct Windows Live Gallery. Is there a Windows 10 program that can display these tags?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Dunno. A bit of a search suggests that the tags were written to the file and they may even be visible in explorer. If you right click on the top line of a explorer view you get the option to add a new column and a pull down list of file properties.

3. Richard Francis

Richard Francis New Member

All my photos are stored in picture date folders under Pictures. Do you mean double clicking on any photo as an 'explorer view'?

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No. I was not clear. I always use detailed view in explorer. You get columns, typically file name, file extension, creation date, file size .... actually there are dozens of different fields and you can add new columns (or change existing columns) to show them. Whether there is field able to hold descriptive information about the file I don't know.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

If you find the file in the folder, right click and choose properties, and then look at the Details tab, you'll see if the tags were stored in the file. If they were, then it's likely any image viewer will show them, people rate irfanview although I've never used it.