1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winchester

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Boxy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Boxy

Boxy Well-Known Member

In Winchester this weekend and would appreciate any ideas for places to visit in the area, particularly with landscape shots in mind (also need a list of good pubs as the weather is forecast to be either wet or cold or windy or wet and cold or wet windy and cold).

2. Linux_Lady

Linux_Lady Well-Known Member

Hey!

I've been to Winchester Cathedral and it's well worth a visit in my opinion... unlike Salisbury, the people don't seem to mind you taking photos as long as you don't leap around and make a huge fuss kinda thing :)

I would say the best thing to do is to google 'things to do around Winchester'.. I've been there a good few times but not to take many photos - there is a lovely stream / river very close to the center and you can take some gorgeous photos of the gardens there..

There's a fab pub very close to the Tourist Information center -on the corner of the street.. not sure what it is called.. it's a chain pub though, cheap grub and really huge!

3. Boxy

Boxy Well-Known Member

OK, thanks for this - especially the pub! I'll report back after the weekend........

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Must have been very good ..........

or very bad; any update???