1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win a Samsung DSLR

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by SPI_Course_Admin, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Re: On Assignment

Surely they're not a challenge if they are in your comfort zone? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

We've seen your pics, and you already are. :D

(The things I'll say for a cheap laugh! :D)

3. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

The prior conversation was discussing tackling assignments with your own equipment (in your comfort zone) or tackling an assignment with new and unfamiliar gear (in other words, out of your comfort zone).

4. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

[​IMG]

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Well you support L**ds and use Canons so there's obviously no depths you're not prepared to go to! :D

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Clearly there are - the deprved depths of Bradford and Nikon, both lower than the deepest pit of hell... :D

7. Nealxs

Nealxs Well-Known Member

Had a great day out with Garry and Malcom in the woods, despite masacre jokes. Thanks for an interesting day Garry, much appreciated. Looking foward to seeing the pics. Oh, also I walked off with a lens cap, wanna send me the camera and I'll put it back on?.....

8. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

You got mail...the problem is now if I do get picked and I get lucky enough to get a Samsung DSLR, how do I fit Samsung in my forum name? :D :D

9. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

FujiSigSungNolta? :)

10. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

:D:D

What about SamFujiSigmaNolta..?..

11. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Or even worse...................Olympus ;)

12. Nacnud

Nacnud Member

Reader Masterclass

Hello all,
    I was lucky enough to get onto the Motorsport Masterclass held at the Weston Beach Race, fingers crossed it will be published in Jan. What an awesome event, check out their gallery especially the second image !!! We were very privileged to get full media access and it was a real dream day.

Firstly, I liked us having to use the same kit. For me it was a slight step down compared to my own kit and for one of other others it was a definite step up. So we all had to change the way we worked. Even Bob Barclay had to use a Samsung to take his reference shot! None of us had problems using the Samsung.

Secondly, that Samsung is a damned fine bit of kit. All three of us were stunned by the results we got. I got no duff exposures despite shooting quite a bit into the light. The image quality is bloomin good, sharp right to the corners and none of us suffered from flare - way better than my old Canon kit lenses. Continuous focus was spot on - even at 200mm on a bike coming straight towards me at approx 50mph filling the frame.
    To be honest, I doubt my 20D would have done as well.

Thirdly, the ergonomics on that Samsung are class leading - check the reviews. Bottom line is if you have any DSLR experience then you will just be able to pick it up and use it. In fact it's got some nice touches I wish my 20D had.
    Right now if someone asked my opinion whether to go for a used 20D or a new Samsung - I'd say go for the Samsung....

Fourth and finally, the biggest challenge was only being given two 1Gb cards for the entire day!!!!! With action shots I tend to take LOADS and throw most of them away when I review then back at home. We had to be restrained on the shutter button AND delete loads during the shoot!!!! All three of us handed in two 100% full cards with 'keepers' on them and we were very very happy.

We haven't seen each others images - but all three of us reckon we've captured the best motorsport images we've ever taken.
    Cheers to AP for all their hard work.