1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win a Samsung DSLR

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by SPI_Course_Admin, Feb 4, 2008.

1. SPI_Course_Admin

SPI_Course_Admin Well-Known Member

We are currently looking for people to take part in 'Reader Masterclass' across the UK over the next six months.

Every month Bob Barclay takes three AP readers on a shoot where the participants compete to win a Samsung Digital SLR. Bob sets a task and the photographer whose image best fulfils it wins the camera. Simple as that!

In the past, locations have included Donna Nook to photograph seals and a night shoot on London’s Southbank. We have lots of exciting assignments planned including location and studio shoots. Feedback has been positive with those involved commenting on how much they have learnt.

If you are keen to join Bob and have your work published in Amateur Photographer, please send an email or letter containing your name, age, address, telephone number, occupation, photographic interests and a brief summary of why you’d like to be involved.

Send your details to gemma_padley@ipcmedia.com marked 'Reader Masterclass' or post to 'Reader Masterclass', Amateur Photographer, IPC Media, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 OSU.

Please do not send any images. We keep all requests on file and will contact you when a suitable Reader Masterclass is available.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Re: On Assignment

Well I've applied. I'm not sure if Garry travels North of Watford though!

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Donna Nook is in North Lincolnshire, so I guess he does.

4. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

If you've applied in the past and heard nothing, is is safe to assume you're wasting your time applying again?

5. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

I'd like to apply but I don't think they'll let me ... :(

6. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

It might be a geographical thing Ian. Have they done any in the North West since you applied? I certainly don't remember one in Yorkshire but I'd even be willing to travel out of the promised land and across the Pennines to do one in the rain, fog and general depression of Lancashire. :D

7. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

I believe so, but don't keep back-issues of AP to check. My mail account says I responded to their previous request for volunteers on 17 Apr 2007 at 13:00.

Maybe they accidentally deleted the message after returning from a particularly heavy lunchtime session at the Dog and Duck ... :D

8. Seven

Seven ..or eight

I think it would be helpful to know what general areas these are to be done in, then at least you would know if it's worth applying or not?

9. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I think, but don't quote me...

That they see where people who apply are from and if they have a selection of people from that area, they try and do something nearby.

10. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

I think that too. I went on the Bath trip and the other two were also able to get there relatively easily on the train or a relatively easy drive (about 1 hour in my case). The Whitby trip involved PhilW from here (and someone else from the forum I can't quite remember) and they were based up that way.

11. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

Next one is in Sheffield - and yes it will be getting about a lot more! Maybe not Watford though, but definitely north of.

If you applied before we have you in a folder and we'll be looking at it and trying to match interests to location.

If you haven't applied - what's stopping you?

Seriously if we get a lot of applicants from one area we will run an On Assignment there. So all the readers in Monaco get in your requests in now!

12. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm too late for that one, but I'm willing to travel as long as I have enough notice to get a pass out from SWMBO!!

13. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

I'd be very happy to take part, if it's in Sussex - how do I apply?

OK, so I didn't read the first post in this thread!!!! :eek:

Done it now though. :)

14. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

Have a look at the top of this thread - all you need to know is there.

We have ones planned for Sussex in May and September so get your details in sharpish.

15. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

Yep, it was me on the Whitby assisgnment with PhilW and it was a great day out. Can I apply again ;)

16. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Well when you feel the need to travel to the most accessible Scottish island..the offer to give you lot the guided tour round Arran is still open...

Graeme

17. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

That's a place on my 'to visit' list.....once my photography has reached a standard to do it justice ;)

18. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

So it was. Sorry I forgot you, Paul. :)

19. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

To echo what Paul said - can we apply again? It was a great day and Sheffied is only 20 mins away /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

No probs ;)