1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

William Eggleston

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by SXH, Jul 24, 2016.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There's a quite interesting article cum exhibition advert on the man in today's Observer. The online version is here.

Interestingly enough, there was also one in this weeks i on Thursday, I think. Couldn't find that one on line, but there is an older one, with the same title, on the Independent web-site. Which is odd as they are now supposedly totally independent(!) entities.

Both/all three articles seem to me to be rather rehabillitatory, if you see what I mean. I don't know enough about his work to know how low his stock was in recent years.

2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Yes, he was doing a book signing on Wednesday 20th to tie in with the opening of William Eggleston: Portraits at the National Portrait Gallery which says something about his current status.

I liked his quip in a documentary a few years back, something like, "I only ever take one photo of a subject, it makes editing easier" :)

3. HiGreg

HiGreg New Member

It's so easy to connect his pictures with music... When feelings while watching a picture a compatible with song the it's a great picture for me.

4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that, he studied piano in his younger days . . . but then so did Ansel Adams, if only he'd stuck with it :(

see what you think of Bill's Piano playing :)

HiGreg and Catriona like this.