1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildlife photographer back in UK

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by HDT, Jan 28, 2017.

1. HDT

HDT New Member

Hi All,

Great looking forum, friendly people... I'm a native to dpreview, so thought i'd find a forum-base thats more localised AND closer to home!

Started on OM series, now switching between cropped and m43 rig. London based wildlife & conservation photographer over at www.lightorflight.com, would love to know what you think of my work. Any C&C welcome/encouraged!

Also Director for The British Photography awards, a pioneering new hybrid photo competition and charity fundraiser check it out on www.britishphotographyawards.org.

Ambassadors scheme just launched here.

Again, would love to hear your thoughts. So much of this project is collaborative so all feedback welcome!

Looking forward to contributing and seeing some of your work,

Warmest, Hugo

2. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

Well good luck with your venture. Some quite nice shots there. For top class wildlife the quality of the lens is important - particularly how it handles out of focus areas. I do find the bokeh in the some of them rather distracting, but that's a kit issue. I don't get the high key blown highlights look in several of these shots - the horse for example, I don't like these at all and they seem stylised (almost lomo) and at odds with the more natural photography. I really like the gannets shot, that stands out for me. The fox is good too. I would have liked the rhino but find it overexposed.

3. HDT

HDT New Member

Thanks Adrian, very interesting. Yeah my kit is ancient, my most used lenses are from the 80's. Serious budget restrictions :) Hope all well