1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHS Bargain.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Alex1994, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

My local W. H. Smith is selling the current issue of AP at an'exclusive price of £2.20.

I assume this is a one-off for this issue only?

2. phaeo

phaeo Well-Known Member

which issue is that Alex..? as my latest issue Dated Saturday 14 July was normal cost at £2.70...

3. Alex1994

It was the 14th July issue! This was in a WHS store in Northampton this morning, so I don't know if it's just for a particular area, or if it's a local WHS promotion. There was an 'exclusive price' notice on the cover, but unfortunately I didn't check to see if it was a sticker as I didn't need to buy it.

I'll look more closely if it's still there next time I visit, unless AP can comment.
    :eek:

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

It`s happened on other occasions too.Not often though.

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

What? On a weekend? ;) As Dave mentions AP - and other titles - occasionaly run countrywide and localised price promotions with various retailers. I believe that in this case it was WHS countrywide.

6. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

I bought a copy at Gatwick South Terminal. It only had a 10p discount.

7. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

As Alex1994 mentioned the WHS price promoted copies had a 'special' cover with a printed WHS supplied 'exclusive' roundel and a large red bar showing the price as £2.20 on the left of the cover.

That said I do not know if WHS has a policy of not stocking such promotions at its airport based outlets. Nor have I heard of any 10p discount so I would assume that it is either a WHS till error or a WHS airport outlet stock/pricing matter.

8. Alex1994

Thanks, Mark.

9. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

I just assumed it was a pricing error. There was no indication that it was less than than the cover price.