1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are they............

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by swanseadave, Jun 6, 2012.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

When in the magazine,an in depth review and test is done on a camera it`s invariably accompanied by illustrative photos,usually of a female,sometimes male,sometimes the author of the piece.I can recognise Mat Gallagher and Tim Coleman.

I`ve always assumed these individuals to be AP staffers but they`re never credited.
    It may well be that their identity is irrelevant to the content of the feature but OTOH it would be nice to put a name to the face.:p:)

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

You just want to know who the blonde girl is don't you? :D;)

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

She is The Girl next door.

Of our dreams......

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

The people who write the reviews'n'stuff do tend to be AP Staffers. Normally the name of the person is either at the start of the article of at the end of it.

They do sometimes have external people write something (like Mr Hicks).

I've met pretty much all the staff for AP... Is there anyone particular you want to know?

5. swanseadave

No not really Fen.I`m just curious.You say they are credited somewhere but I`ve not noticed.

I`ll look closer if that`s the case.

Damn,was it that obvious?:eek::D

6. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Unless otherwise credited photographic models are company acquaintances, friends etc.

7. swanseadave

Thanks for the clarification Mark.:cool:

8. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

i.e. Cheap ;)

9. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

That's not a very nice thing to say about the blonde girl:p

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Or Moderators when the Editor has taken a sneaky photo of them at a gallery!

11. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I had the dubious honour of appearing as a model for - no, not a Toby Jug potter - a fine photographer, writer, and gentleman, Jamie Harrison, one time of this parish. ;)

12. Tim Coleman

Tim Coleman AP Deputy Technical Editor

and unless otherwise stated, all images are taken by the author.

I get a bit of stick in the office for taking on the role of both author and 'model' all too often. When it comes to cheap, it doesnt get any cheaper than free!

Very funny thread by the way guys