1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Nikon on a Pole

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by RB007, Apr 14, 2017.

1. RB007

RB007 New Member

Hi
    Does the D7200 have a better wifi function than the D7100. The camera needs to be controlled through my Samsung phone while up a 6m pole.
    I currently use a D5100 & Sigma 10-20mm for property photos but need to upgrade as it doesnt seem to cut it on large rooms-too blurry but still OK on smaller rooms. Im sure 8mp increase will sort this.
    Also using a cable and Helicon app causes many problems while up the pole- cable comes out and app crashes.
    My D5100 has around 100k shut actu's, the D7100/D7200's have only a few 100 each, both around £500.
    Any Advise...Please....

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I would suggest your 'blurry' photos are unlikely to be the lens/camera combo. The 16Mp of the D5100 will be more than adequate, assuming of course you are not looking for huge prints. Could you give us any information as to your settings on the blurry shots, shutter speed etc.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is more likely camera shake/focus issues if the lens is OK, even if the pole is held very rigid. I wouldn't extend the centre column of a tripod. If the problem is worse for exposure times 1/15 to 1/2 second it could be mirror slap - try mirror lockup.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I agree, more mp will not solve your issues, a 16mp camera is in reality perfectly capable for most people's needs. You need to look at other areas, if those are not addressed you will simply have an equally unsharp picture, with a bigger file size.

Craig20264 likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

How stable is the pole, 6 metres is a heck of a size I'm not sure I would try and use a DSLR like that.

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Would you better with a go-pro or other action camera?

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Or a stills camera with in-body stabilisation.