1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which lens...!

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by lanzalad, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lanzalad

lanzalad Member

i was wondered which lens would be the best of every day shots mainly street shots with auto focus.

my camera is a canon 550D

one to use within my price of around 150 pounds

thanks for any help

lanzalad

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The standard zoom that comes with the camera is not a bad place to start. The same focal length range at f2.8 would look more professional, would be way over budget several times and in most conditions not give you better photographs. If you were getting into things like shy wildlife or action sports, or extreme macro, or super wide angle then you would have a problem. For every day photography the eighteen to fifty something standard zoom is all that you need.

3. lanzalad

lanzalad Member

im looking at a CANON EF50MM F/2.5 COMPACT MACRO LENS

i can get a used one foraround £160 and wondered if this one would be ok

4. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

With your APS-C camera the equivalent angle of view would be of an 80mm focal length. If your comfortable with that then fine.

Alternatively you might like to consider the Canon 28mm f/2.8 which Warehouse Express have (new) for £163.99, though it's currently on back order. Jacobs do it for just a few ££ more. The AoV on your camera with that would be 45mm.

5. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

What about a EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS Lens possibly short at 55mmm but you got a bit of reach, can be had for less than £200 new s/h £100-150