1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is the best beach on the east coast?

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by patrington1a, Mar 23, 2014.

1. patrington1a

patrington1a Well-Known Member

from spurn to whitby, which beach is the most photogenic

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

that's only the east coast of Yorkshire.....what about Northumbria, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk....;)
    as bad as the Americans with their "World Series"...

3. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

As a brummie there not many beaches around here, but I have to confess and I have only ever been there once and thats the stretch of beach that runs in front of Bamburgh Castle Northumberland, in the sunshine, in the winter, and with a camera! just fantastic.

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

The best beach on the East coast is at Lunan Bay.

5. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

My Wife and I went for a drive along the coast past Macduff , Fraserburgh and we ended up going down this very narrow lane / road to a beach called Rattray Point / Rattray Head .
    The old Coast Guard building has been turned into a B&B / Self Catering , it's in a very lonely part of the World , the only other buildings close by were some derelict buildings being used by a local farmer to keep his animal feed in .
    Now it wasn't particularly windy , but the wind coming off the sea was blowing this very fine red sand in our faces , so much so I only took a couple of pictures of the lighthouse which is situated quite close to the shore .
    There wasn't another person on the beach that day , only a load of old rope and rubbish that had been washed up , it gave us both the feeling of desolation and loneliness .
    It would be worth a visit on a less windy day , the beach stretched on for miles , it was the colour of the sand which fascinated me , a beautiful brick red colour ,
    Not the most beautiful due to the rubbish , but worth a visit nonetheless .