1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to next?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by tom dinning, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Tom,

I doubt we'll miss you. You're not as clever or original as you think you are. Most of us are up for intelligent conversation but we are rarely keen on people who think they are original when they aren't and we are almost never keen on people who are arrogant and rude unless they have some quite convincing arguments as to why at least some of us might care to interact with them.

Cheers,

R.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Close the door on the way out. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

OK all, I think the message is probably clear enough now.

If he wants to go, fine. If he wants to stay, fine. Don't think any more comment about it is very helpful. ;)

(Mod Hat on)

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

And then there was the time some Idiot opened a thread about RPS Distinctions :eek:

5. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

A way to go yet :D

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  6. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

But the picture may be nothing like what you saw when you raised the camera. For me, it is more likely to be what I had in my head when I took a photograph - from which I may remove elements or add elements depending upon my vision of what I want my picture to achieve.

And I am always trying to make one that I adjudge to be better than anything I have created before.

7. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I have never seen a photograph that pleases every one.
    Good, better and best is pretty meaningless as a generality.
    However we can probably all order a set of photographs in the order of our preference.
    Though the bigger the set, the less likely any two people would agree on this.

It is hard to think what the universal validity, of photographs in general, might be.
    It is pretty clear that most photographs are by and large ephemeral, and have very little demonstrable intrinsic meaning, artistic, or monetary value.
    For most of us their value is in their creation, and the pleasures that this gives to us, and the memories this invokes.

PhotoEcosse likes this.