1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Jedi, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Jedi

Jedi Active Member

Final Year Business at Pompey, oringinally from Northampton though.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Other thing is that old Slimey knows a thing or two about Nikons, and he wouldn't reccommend an auto-only one!

Nick BSRIPN

3. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

No, just thin

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Slimey wouldn't recommend an auto only anything!.......he even winds up his automatic watch! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

5. BigWill

.....is one insinuating that BigWill is a bat fastard! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(You'd be right!)Will

6. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

I studied chemistry at Pompey (I come from Pompey too) and then spent three years doing research at Hull Uni. Live in Cambridge now. Go back to Pompey about once a year at Christmas to see family. Pompey feels alien to me now - been away too long. It has changed behind my back and I no longer feel a part of it.

David

7. Jedi

Jedi Active Member

I like it down here as a student, but I probablyh won't stay here when(if) I graduate. Will probably go up to the big smoke and try to get a job in advertising.

David

8. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

Whats with all the Southerners here, just when we can't afford to go back that far south, then they all come onto the forum.
    Carolyn lived in Northend until her family moved to Fareham in 1970.
    As well as living in Fareham, I lived in lodgings in Denmead, Havant, Landport, Southsea, Horndean, Gosport and also Thornhill (Southampton).
    I say that incase anyone was interested./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Billy

9. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

We would like to try Guinness Even though I don't drink you understand.
    I also fancy that ale with the chocolate in it we used to see down south. We used to look at all the bottles of ale in Asda down south like Old Speckled Han, Bishops Finger, Tanglefoot etc real Olde English ales. Up here all they sell is the odd English ale and a lot of this Scottish stuff with names that remind you of Rob Roy or Braveheart I can't remember any just now./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Billy

10. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Evening All,

As I remember the Nikkomat F.S had no metering at all then came the FT which had a simple averaging meter. Finally the FT3(?). All these had purely mechanical shutters. The next model I think was the E.L and that went all electric and there I run out of power.

Slimey.

11. BigWill

Thank God, at last, someone who knows something about Nikons! Well, if it's all manual and has the usual legendary Nikon build quality then it sounds like an excellent first camera for our friend....as long as it's at the right price.

BigWill

12. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Will if I wasn't a rich Git I would happily use a Nikkormat and think of all those lovely old Nikor optics that can be had for next to nothing.

Slimey /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I must admit that even I like the idea of a Nikkormat or a cheap FM and a couple or three Nikkors. Don't need them, of course!

Nick BSRIPN

14. BigWill

I know Brian, but one has an image to maintain and one wouldn't want to be seen down the yacht club with such common tackle now would one! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(A right one!)Will

15. BigWill

...... I like the idea of sha**ing Claudia Schiffer but that ain't likely to happen either!

BigWill

16. Jedi

Jedi Active Member

On That note, I'll go down to Jessops in thew morning (or maybee afternoon /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif). Brian, can you tell me which branch it was at or anything else that wilkl helpo them find the right one?

David

p.s. I don't like guniess, I like Bitter and i'm dringing Carlsberg /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

17. BigWill

Exactly how much of that Carlsburg have you had "jedi" cause your spelling is even crapper than our beloved "sinister" (we're all clubbing in to get him a spell checker for Crimbo). Anyway, we get the drift, keep on "swalleying", it's "probably" the best beer in the world you know! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Occasionaly sober!)Will

18. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

general observation about the effect of drinking guiness, though I've achieved it with fried egg sandwiches

19. BigWill

Yummie! Love the way that egg squishes out the sides and it all runs down your clean shirt! "er indoors" isn't so keen though!

Big(Eggy shirt!)Will

20. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

David it was at the Deansgate, Manchester branch. Just ring your local Jessops and they will get it for you to look at. But whatever you do don't go into a shop and listen to an assistant, he will sell you yet another run of the mill camera that he wants to get rid of. He will tell you all about Auto this and auto that, DX and all sorts of mumbo jumbo, forget it, if you want to start off on the right foot photographically ignore him. As you will have gathered re this thread the little Nikkormat is an excellent choice for you and opens up the whole world of Nikon at very affordable prices. You are buying into perhaps the best SLR camera system with a range of optics second to none.

Brian.