1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you know it's a problem ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Sep 7, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

1. When you really get on with a particular style of camera bag, and discover they've been discontinued, and strongly consider buying two spare, even though the two you've got are doing fine, just in case.

Geren likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Sounds a bit OCD. Can be cured ;)

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

God you sound just like my husband. Which is why we ended up carbooting a shedload of computer cases when we moved house. I could have wept.

I have my manfrotto bag and a canon bag. They both serve slightly different purposes as one holds a laptop and the other doesn't. I'm going to keep using them until they fall apart which neither appears to be in any danger of doing just yet.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with photography but I bought a pair of lightweight breathable golf shoes this year. They're so comfortable I went back and bought another pair for next summer, just in case.................:oops:

Bazarchie and Catriona like this.
  5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Beware, it can bite you on the bum.

I found a very nice Kata holster that took my FF DSLR with grip and 24-70 Sigma lens mounted, plus a 15-30mm Sigma in one side pocket, and a Tamron 70-300mm in the other. I liked that bag so much that I got another one new from eBay after that model went out of production. Then, in a fit of pique at the unbelievable cost of my wife's dental work, it got the latest Sigma 24-70mm HSM. Well, I needed cheering up a bit.

Guess what - the new Sigma has an 82mm filter thread, as opposed to the 77mm on the old lens. Result - I could no longer get the lenses into the side pockets. I needed cheering up again, so I bought a new, different, Kata holster that took the camera, grip and lens fine, and I could just squeeze a Sigma 17-35mm into one side pocket and my Sony 50mm f:1.4 into the other. Still, now I had to go and buy a Lowepro belt-mounted lens case for a Sony 75-300mm - I couldn't find one that would take the Tamron. That all cheered me up some, but I do have two, now redundant, Kata holsters, one brand new and unused.

Mind you, I really do like the new Kata holster. Maybe I should get spare...

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

But you'll be so out of fashion by then!

Craig20264 likes this.
  7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I have 4 pairs of identical boots in the cupboard, waiting for my current pair to wear out?

To be fair, the two bags I've got, one is the small size and the other is the large, and although I have 6 camera bags, they are the only two I use. The small one if I know I don't want any other lenses, and the large one if I want to carry a bit more with me.

8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

That just in case we get a summer.

Hope they helped to reduce your handicap.

9. Bazarchie

Fashion and golf, are you serious?

steveandthedogs and Roger Hicks like this.
  10. Bazarchie

I was thinking of buying two Canon 5D i's just in case the current one failed.

11. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Don't worry. It'd be the perfect excuse to switch to Nikon.

(Sorry, I don't do smilies).

Cheers,

R.

Bazarchie likes this.
  12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The only reason to switch to Nikon is if you're giving up photography and need to prop some doors open.

Bazarchie likes this.
  13. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I once bought a car, the Mrs liked it so much I gave it to her......the following month I bought another for myself, the Mrs thought I was so selfish, some times you just cant win can you!

14. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

My Mrs told me about a lovely little cottage on the Thames....would I fancy going there for the weekend! It really was nice and when I got back the Mrs would have nothing to do with me afterwards! I did not realize at the time but she wanted to come with me.......

steveandthedogs likes this.
  15. Bazarchie

You can never win with (some) women, or so I am told!

16. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

So pick the right woman!

Thirty-six years and counting with Frances.

Cheers,

R.