1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to declare online sales to HMRC?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Lisa-Marie Townsend, Aug 8, 2017.

  1. daft_biker

    daft_biker Action Man!

    Aye, I had that too. And religious stuff.

    Might be more useful spending the time on kilowatt hours, self assessments and the food chain.
    Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. Roger Hicks

    Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

    Dear Andrew,

    Then again, drugs and relationships are quite important (and interesting) too. I had lots of fun finding out about them. Sex 10/10, drugs 3/10 (I may not have been adventurous enough).


    daft_biker likes this.
  3. AndyTake2

    AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

    HMRC aren't likely to give a monkeys unless you actually earn enough to make a difference.
    If you make money from photos, and you decided to pay tax on earnings, you would offset the cost of your camera gear (depreciation etc) as these would be the tools of the craft.
    You would need to fill in a tax return, so not offsetting would be nuts.
    Don't worry until you make anything.
    Of course, there is the option to declare it immediately, whereby you would still need to fill in a tax form. This however, may allow you to regain some of your PAYE (someone clarify this please) as long as you are not set up as a limited company.

Share This Page