1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When all you had was your mobile...

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by plugsnpixels, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

That's a great find - if it was anywhere near me I'd be tempted to go back with all my kit and spend some time photographing it from every angle! It'd be great on a bit of a misty day as well.

Cheers, Jeff

Chilli likes this.
  2. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

I couldn't remember the town from or too that I was going which was frustrating. or I would have done.

3. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels Well-Known Member

Those are great shots Chilli! At least you have the phone, otherwise imagine your frustration!

I'm often driving and I can't even make use of the phone (busy freeway, etc.).

See my story about an iPhone grabshot on a local road that I turned into a bit of art.

Chilli likes this.
  4. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I went straight from a 27 year old manual film SLR to a digital SLR in 2007, and bypassed the smartphone revolution (I have a basic pay-as-you-go mobile and make £2 or £3 of calls a year).

The fact that children are fascinated by them puts me off: I don't know if I've missed out or been lucky.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The second battery in my old phone, a cameraless, thick as pigsh*t phone, a Nokia 3030e has packed up, so tomorrow DPD are promissing to deliver a Moto G 7 plus. Please don't tell me where I could have bought a new battery for my old phone. The deal is done. I intend to still carry a Sony R100 m3 when I do not carry a proper camera.
    What I lumber myself with in a weeks time remains to be seen.

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

About the same with me. I was lumbered with a mobile when at work but since retirement I just have one in the car glove compartment in case of emergencies. I carry an Olympus 4/3 when I'm out and about and have an oldish Sony full frame for other stuff.

7. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

In 2005 an employer offered me a rented mobile telephone so that he could contact me 'at any time'.
    When I told him that it would only be switched on during the hours for which he paid me, and that any messages left on it would be reviewed after I arrived at work, the offer was withdrawn.

spinno likes this.
  8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

the way it should be