1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite lens …….. and WHY?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Done_rundleCams, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's more expensive because it's better in every way - better built, faster, sharper, better AF motor and so on. Although the brand new 50mm f1.8 STM looks very interesting.

2. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

it could be made of platinum as far as im concerned, I aint payin all that money for it, no matter what:confused:

3. AlexDenny

AlexDenny Well-Known Member

My favourite lens has recently changed, mainly because I have a new toy. This lens, though is clear and is not intended to affect the image... It just keeps the camera dry!

[​IMG]Barracuda by Alexander Denny, on Flickr

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

The new 50mm f1.8 STM is a little more expensive than the old MKII but not that much, Wex here in the UK sell the MkII for just under £90 while the STM version is £130 - mainly because it's new and reviews indicate it's also rather better built - but that's hardly a massive outlay compared to some lenses...

5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My Tamron 90mm f2.8macro not for the macro so much but portrait work and also great flower shots

6. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

well!!!!

• better AF motor.........ya
    • better built................ya
    • faster.......................ya
    • sharper..................... ummm........."NO"

See tests, and I dont mean magazines who collect fees from manufacturers to lie to you, look in you tube, there are plenty of ordinary jos who do this kind of thing.
    there is a chinese guy i like in Hong kong with like a cockney accent gone wrong who tests and reports, he's quite good.

would you be kind enough to share with us the details and the particulars of your new toy with a pic of it? always been interested in these gizmos but never bought one, its a question of trust you know. its just that by the time you find out they are faulty couple of grand worth of equipment has gone begging:p

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  7. AlexDenny

AlexDenny Well-Known Member

Mine is one of these for my Panasonic Lumix:

http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/panasonic-dmw-mctz35-marine-case-lumix-dmc-tz35.html

I can't afford one for my DSLR (they all seem to be over £1000!) but I'm very pleased with the results with this case and camera...

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Very good. I've never 'got' a decent picture of a meadow brown. My own favourite lens is the 105 micro Nikkor which I often use with a 1.7x converter for butterflies and moths.
    Although the micro lens is my favourite, it is not the lens which I use most; that for my D7100 would be the 16-85.

9. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

10. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

:D:D:D