1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by Slartibartfast, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Well, it seems that this album is available to me through my Amazon music account - I'm tempted to have a listen to them when I get home his evening!

Cheers, Jeff

2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

No, really, you don't want to go there! :(

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I fear nothing - I own a copy of Darkthrone's album Plaguewielder which I can only liken to listening to forty minutes of somebody using an angle grinder!

Cheers, Jeff

4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

In that case . . . .enjoy :)

Andy Manley likes this.
  5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Jacques Loussier - Play Bach

Prompted by a comment on this thread yesterday

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

John Coltrane - "Blue Train" for about the millionth time. ;)

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Brigitte Engerer playing Schumann - this.

I do like (the late) Ms Engerer's playing - especially her Chopin. Funny she's hardly known in the UK.

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Bears Den - Islands

Such a good album. "Bad Blood" is a fantastic track.

9. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

Some sort of techno escaping my colleagues headphones.

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

There was a kerfufle at a site I was working when someone insisted on wearing open back headphones and listening to heavy rock full volume. One of his colleagues got seriously pissed at this, brought in one of those huge ghetto blasters and put on the Ride of the Valkyries. The Management who had ignored the problem then went to the opposite extreme and outlawed all music, headphones or otherwise. It just takes one...

Maroon likes this.
  11. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

I guess it just depends on the workers attitude to each other. We don't really too much if someone every so often plays something even out loud as long as it doesn't become a constant habit.

12. Andrew Flannigan

This was that sort of case.

13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It wasn't the music they minded, it was the squadron of hueys of the 1st Air Cavalry they objected to.

14. dream_police

Grace Jones - Nightclubbing (2014)

She has done a great cover version of Me, I Disconnect From You by Tubeway Army. An early synth track reggaefied.:eek:

15. dream_police

I only have An Awesome Wave.Not played it in a while. It is good though.

I'm currently listening to Raven by The Stranglers.

16. dream_police

Just looking through New releases on Spotify and played Room 29 by Jarvis Cocker and Chilly Gonzales. Very pleasant.

17. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

My favourite version of What's New, Mel Powell (piano), Paul Quinichette (tenor sax) and Bobby Donaldson (Drums) originally recorded about 1953 on the Vanguard label. Mel Powell was pianist & arranger in Benny Goodmans band.

18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Bought a couple of CDs at the beginning of the week - part one of my birthday present to myself!

So, currently listening to a bit of Pergolesi - Stabat Mater. This version, in fact. Not far in, but good so far. Well, I think so.

A duff radio station, imo, but their Full Works CDs may be old material, but they do choose good stuff.

19. Andrew Flannigan

Out painting sheds this afternoon when "Hordes of the Things" popped up on Shuffle. Applying the paint with my new spray/brush gadget and giggling at the antics of mssrs Callow, Middlemass and Eddington turned an otherwise boring job into a pleasant interlude :)

20. dream_police

Mumford and Sons - Babel
    and earlier today whilst cooking for dinner tonight (we have guests) I have had Depeche Mode - Violator and Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree blasting out