1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is up with my dog?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daft_biker, Oct 27, 2017.

1. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

My dog adjusted quite well this time (no pun intended), and has, after just 48 hours, settled down ok.
    We usually give him his meals half an hour later on the first day, and quarter of an hour extra after that on the second, so by tomorrow he should be back at normal times.

He loves the frost. I took him for a hobble this morning (I was doing the hobbling, just had part of my knee replaced) and he just loved it. There is nothing he loves more than 4 inches of snow on the ground and a bit of a breeze - he goes loopy.:)

2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

That username already taken. Please choose another one.

My avatar is Gitzo. Although he has all four legs, the right fore was badly broken and not fixed when we rescued him, so he has developed a rather unique canter, rather than a full gallop.

He is now so famous, they have actually named a tripod manufacturer after him.

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I think I'm going to try keeping them on GMT dinner times as I do mostly back shifts and they are getting themselves worked up when I'm on break. Chancers!:D

I've earmarked Victor as a name if I ever get a chocolate Lab. I like the black ones but folk seem to think chocolate ones get fat by themselves.....a chocolate Lab in good shape is a rare thing round here.

Saw a couple of black ones in fine shape being walked past the vets yesterday so I made a note to compliment the owner next time I see her at work.:)

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Our cat has 3 legs. She had to have a front leg removed after getting caught in a rat trap (Apparently cats can't balance without their middle toes, so the whole leg had to come off). Nothing funnier than hearing her try to scrape in her litter tray and I'll never tire of watching her try to attack our dog with her stump.

daft_biker likes this.
  5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My cats are the same

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Did we almost get through a pet thread without some crappy phone pics?

deepsyke-1.jpg

deepsyke-2.jpg

deepsyke-3.jpg

:)

7. AndyTake2

Just had to take my own dog in with eye problems.
    He has had an irritated eye for about 3 days after rummaging in the hedgerows. He had a bit of muck come out on the first day, but has been pawing at it and closing it since, so we took him to the vet.
    They put some local anaesthetic in and some dye, but couldn't find any muck, however there is a small ulcer on his eye, likely caused by the incident.
    So now he is on antibiotics, anti inflammatories and an eye lubricant, poor lad. He has to go back on Monday, as they need to keep an eye on things,as ulcers can get nasty.
    He did however get to go to his favourite place (the vets) and was happy as a clam just being there

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Your dog is weird.
    Hope he gets better though.

S

9. AndyTake2

He loves people, knows when someone is taking care of him, and really brightens up their day when he goes in.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Aye, hope your pal is better soon Andy.

A poke in the eye with a sharp stick is a pain I haven't forgotten so he has my sympathy. Sleep was the only reprieve from feeling like I had a chunk of glass in my eye. It was about as good for one's mood as toothache!

Is he suffering the cone of shame too?

11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

What bread of dog? One of our dogs is very good at the vets, the other not so good. Not sure either would class it as their favourite place.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Poor Gizmo. My cat was hit by a car shortly after we first let her out. No broken bones but a collapsed lung and three nights in cat hospital. Thankfully it 'only' cost us £800. She is now insured and obviously hasn't required any medical attention at all since I signed on the dotted line. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

daft_biker likes this.
  13. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Sam, the dug, was just in for weight loss surgery... he is now two stone lighter! He couldn't cope with the cone of shame so we ended up with a "medical shirt" onesie thing. He loves it.

Graeme

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Since neutering Tango he has become a scavenger...used to have to watch him for running off to hump things now I have to watch him to stop him eating crap.

Piles of leaves in the street suddenly became interesting thanks to irresponsible cat owners and maybe the occasional fox.

15. AndyTake2

Rocky is a Staffy cross, we think with Lab.
    He is the soppiest creature on earth with people.
    He doesn't have the cone of shame, and isn't touching it now. He gets a bit excited at medication time, as we bribe him with a bit of elk sausage, always handy to be able to get the wiggly monster to sit still for five seconds.

Anti inflammatory is easy as it is a syringe in the mouth, the drops he doesn't like, but sits still as he knows they help him....well, that and the fact that he gets a bit of elk sausage :p

daft_biker likes this.
  16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Ganzi is the only cat who has ever owned me that was good at vets but he's a little sod at home!

The record was established by Fugazi who when she was spayed took 2 doses of anaesthetic and drew blood for the vet and 2 nurses then weed on the other nurse when she was taking her from the cage when we collected her

17. AndyTake2

Rocky went back for his checkup this morning.
    Ulcer still there but reduced.
    Got to keep up with the drops and drugs, so we've got to find more elk sausages now!
    Hopefully will be better when we return to vets on Friday, otherwise they may need to look at surgery.:(

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to surgery and you don't have to watch him suffering for much longer.

Been meaning to do another shot of Tango's eye to see if there has been any change. He's lying still and settled at least so if it isn't bothering him it's a lot less of a worry....You know when they are not themselves.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  19. AndyTake2

Good to hear he's more comfortable.
    Let's hope everything is ok

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

spotdog.jpg

Spot the dog!

Was another morning for getting a camera out.....should really take a better one as the lens on the rear of my phone is smashed so I just use the front one aimed roughly in the direction of the subject:oops::D