1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

People who lose the thread and just start accusing. Who said people have to agree with them? And are you saying people who inconvenience others are the majority, or do you and your behaviour define the majority in your mind?

dream_police likes this.
  2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

People.

3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

What I find annoying is the attitude that says "it is somebody else's job". No, more often than not it isn't! You are perfectly capable of doing it so just get on and do it.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

1: Cyclists who dive on to the pavement when approaching a red light to avoid stopping!
    2: Cyclists who rejoin the road after said red light without looking!
    3: Bear with I'll think of some more!

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Good job you are not in Hanoi. This was taken from a pavement cafe. The roads are jammed so the scooters just join the pavement to avoid the lights (not that many people really stop for those either!) There was a constant flow of them, sometimes they came in bulk!

scooters.jpg

Craig20264 likes this.
  6. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

It happened again yesterday! Guy pitches up beside me with a large 'coffee table' book, removes the wrapping and shoves it down the side of his seat then reads while eating a panini over the top of it, finishes, then walks off leaving the book amongst the debris :(

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

One of my friends was at the theatre a little while ago and the bloke next to him ate a takeaway curry during the performance. :eek:

Beat that !

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Rick Wakeman once ate a full Indian meal on stage while performing with Yes. :cool:

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Angry hissing water giraffes (or 'swans' as you probably know them).
    Chicken vindaloo, pilau rice, six papadums, bhindi bhaji, Bombay aloo, and a stuffed paratha.

Cheers, Jeff

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong there, provided he shares. ;)

11. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Cold winter days and shops with their doors wide open.
    Even worse, charity shops with their doors wide open.

All that heat and money just floating away.

12. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

"Hell is other people" - Jean Paul Satre :)

13. willie45

Hmm. I believe he shared the chomping, rustling noises and the smell. I laughed myself hoarse when he told me about it :D

14. willie45

Ah but that was rock. I'm sure he consumed a lot worse things during his shows back in the day ;)

I believe he's a church organist now. As is Stevie Winwood. At least one of them is and the other is a stand - in organist. Bit of a tough gig for the regular man I'd have thought :D

15. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

No, it was curry. It was at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester - it was the Blackpool show where he ate the rock.

Cheers, Jeff

Petrochemist and willie45 like this.
  16. willie45

I was going to say consuming food while performing wasn't cricket but then remembered it was Ozzy who ate the bat ;)

17. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Which made the cricket become a game of catch.

dream_police likes this.
  18. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Craig,

1: I do that quite often when I go into St. Jouin de Marnes. Whenever the light is red, in fact. The centre of the village is one way, light controlled, for about 300 metres and there's no way I can get through those 300 metres from a standing start on a steep uphill: I'd end up riding into oncoming traffic after the lights had changed to the other direction. So I stay on the pavement the whole way, even if the lights are green.

So far I've encountered about three pedestrians in three or four months (and of course accorded them priority). I'm just not going to worry about it.

Nor do I stop at the stop sign at the foot of the hill into St. Jouin unless there's somebody coming. It's easy for a motorist to pull away uphill; not so easy for a cyclist, and why bother when there's no need?

Sometimes I'll ride on the pavement in Moncontour too, to allow motorists to pass me quickly, easily and safely;but I do that only if there's no-one on the pavement.

Cheers,

R.

Wheelu likes this.
  19. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I assume then you're not breaking any laws in France then as you would be in GB?
    As you know Roger, flouting the statute book willy nilly just to suit your inability to cycle uphill is the beginning of a steep slide to Anarchy!

20. willie45

It's the beginning of a steep struggle uphill to anarchy surely? :)

Roger Hicks and Craig20264 like this.