1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I so agree! I end up wielding a knife to cut the perforated plastic or metal on tops! One of these days it will be my fingers. I'm not much better with the plastic bottles of loo cleaner where you have to squeeze the top and turn. My poor wrists and fingers. :(

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

People I call the Sorcerers Apprentices.
    Had one last Friday in the afternoon I got a call from an old customer in Cheshire that his system had crashed and I was needed there. It was their hardware man who called and the first question I asked was "What did you change" nothing he said but when I got there on Saturday they had done a major server system update on Wednesday night and then later tried to mess around with some system files with Notepad (having no idea of the internal format) Anyway all is now sorted

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Electronic devices trying to be something they aren't and making grand claims, but in the light of day not up to the job.

4. MarcusT

MarcusT Well-Known Member

I know, some people may be irked by posting twice.....
    My biggest gripe on comment forums: Asking about a particular piece of equipment/gear or problem and people replying, who don't have that gear, have not had that problem but want to give their 2 cents the same, which offers no help at all

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Drivers who seem to forget what it was they were going to do next and sit there like stunned rabbits trying to re-engage brain.
    People who sit up the end of the tube car and don't bother to get up before it is stopped (excusing the elderly and infirm), adding about 15 secs to every stop and causing delays.
    People who don't start looking for their tickets until they reach the gates.

dream_police likes this.
  6. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Horse floats, and getting stuck behind them. Most roads here are two lane, with motorways only near the larger towns, so getting past them is a chore.

7. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Ditto people who don't get their purses/wallets out of their handbag/pocket until they are at the cash register.

Wheelu, Roger Hicks and dream_police like this.
  8. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

People I'm behind in the checkout queue in the supermarket who spend an age packing their bags with military precision, and then sod about finding their payment cards, then realise they've not presented their loyalty card which is at the bottom of one of the neatly packed bag of groceries.

PS, PhotoEcosse beat me to it!

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

And take forever packing their bags while involved in some inane chat with checkout person.

HaHa , posted at same time as Dave!

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

People who complain about other people on tube trains or in checkout queues who behave like ordinary people and don't make way for the Very Important Complainers behind them.

MJB and Catriona like this.
  11. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I saw a bloke walk up to a buffet at a wedding reception, pick up a ham sandwich, pull the bread open and suck the ham out of the middle before closing the sandwich and putting it back on the plate. He went on to do this to five or six other sandwiches.

Admittedly this isn't particularly common, but I found it annoying anyway.

Cheers, Jeff

12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

People who leave their used chewing gum where people can stand on it or worse sit on it- for the latter I favour re-introducing the death penalty

Andrew Flannigan and Trannifan like this.
  13. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Mobile phones..............................

Lynn

14. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

All together now, "Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bed post overnight?"

Sorry, couldn't resist it!

Lynn

15. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

What actually does grind my gears is the dirt that gets on the bike chain when cycling along mucky country lanes this time of year!

Petrochemist and beatnik69 like this.
  16. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

People who walk up to a pedestrian crossing then automatically press the button before looking to see if there's any traffic coming. Then they look. The road is empty. They walk across. Then the lights change. Traffic appears then has to stop. No pedestrian to be seen.

PhotoEcosse and RogerMac like this.
  17. RovingMike

And can't find it when they do.

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'm too laid back for my own good, but there is one thing guaranteed to heat my urine to vapour point. For millenia round, flat ceramic objects have been very effective for serving food on. I don't want my food served on a chunk of slate, an old chopping board, random planks of wood or a Shovel! Chips or vegetables do not require miniature galvanised buckets, shopping trolleys, wheelbarrows or cute little enamel mugs . Just put my food on a sodding plate godammit!

19. RovingMike

People we believe those who delay and inconvenience others on the tube or in supermarkets are "normal", when they represent a very small, but very irritating minority.

MPB and PhotoEcosse like this.
  20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

People who think that everyone has to agree with them and label anyone else a small but very irritating minority.

Roger Hicks likes this.