1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I should also add when taking still images as well, when holding in Landscape orientation would be much better.

I honestly believe many do not know you can use a phone horizontally.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

For me, it's just muscle memory. I hold my phone in the vertical position 90% of the time, so when I go to snap something or video something, which for me is infrequent, I start in that position and may or may not remember to change.

Also, 90% of images taken on phones (I made that number up) end up on instagram which has a square format so orientation makes no real difference.

I'm mostly about forgiving people these days for shooting vertically.

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Even if they are taking a portrait of someone? o_O

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Herpes parcel delivery. Do I need to say more?

Catriona likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

That could go viral.

Learning likes this.
  6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That risk isn't to be sneezed at.

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Simplex - use another carrier... mmmm

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

A scratch outfit?

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's cold... Sore comments don't help you know.

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Seriously though Herpes is one of the few carriers that will carry Li-ion batteries without difficult questions.

11. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

So a local courier asked if I would take a parcel for a neighbour as they were not in, sure why not? Help a neighbour out right?

What grinds my gears is said neighbour turning up at my house drunk at 2am asking for his fekin parcel!

EightBitTony and RovingMike like this.
  12. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Paper wrapped parcel, left on the tarmac, next to our kitchen door step, in a puddle, in the rain. Sender paid for it to be signed for. Sender updated by courier that it had been 'delivered to resident and signed for'. No one in the house at the time it was delivered.

Luckily, contents were also plastic wrapped.

13. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago my daughter got her photograph taken in school. I ordered copies and when they hadn't appeared some time after the due delivery date I got in touch with the company, who sent out another set. A few days later, we had a spell of wet and windy weather. I arrived home to discover that the doormat had been blown to one side. Have a guess what was underneath. Soaked.

14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Should have sent a pic of it to the sender and also the courier management.

S

15. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

People not doing there job properly which means I can't do mine

16. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Problem with this is, is that it is a circle.
    You can't do your job properly because others aren't doing their's, which then means others can't do their job properly because you aren't doing yours.... which then means you can't.....

17. John King

John King Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to the end of those miss selling advert because people were taken in by accepting insurance for goods and services when they didn't need it.

Now there has just been another take on the same subject with a claims company pumping for work by suggesting that people may have been advice concerning investments. The line that made me sit up and think was along the lines of even if you were not miss-sold or given bad advice and may have not suffered a loss we can find out if you are entitled to compensation.

I may have misheard to some degree (The advert was over in seconds) but now as the cashcow over miss sold Insurance has virtually dried up they have to be scratching about to find something else to line their pockets with.

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Perhaps they should start on National Insurance and tax?

19. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Now that I would like to see!:)

I've been on disability benefits for decades, originally after an industrial accident. I've done some work in between, but nothing for any great stretch of time.
    When I originally claimed, the benefits were NI related. Over the years the Government have swept this away, so there are virtually zilch NI benefits - which makes it look as if they are giving handouts.
    Percentages of disability, eligibility for mobility and other benefits, and constant attempts to remove my benefits over the years means not only do I receive less than I should, but I really dread going for their assessments.

Now, as it was National Insurance, doesn't that constitute an insurance policy? could I make a claim through wereyoumisssoldnationalinsuranceandtaxedtobuggerythenshaftedwhenyouwantedtoclaim...dot com?

steveandthedogs, Zou and Catriona like this.
  20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Speaking as a member of parliament with a big salary, a massive pension to look forward to, a trust fund and several directorships; I can see exactly where you went wrong:

you weren't a slimy thieving towrag with the morals of an alley cat and a total disregard for the well being of your fellow citizens...

:mad::mad::mad:

steveandthedogs and AndyTake2 like this.