1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

A nice fun thread where you can share what you had for dinner.

For me tonight it was just a microwave lasagne and some lemonade and elder flower slices for afters.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

At least nothing to boast about.

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Slummed it a bit tonight, just pan fried salmon and oven chips with a mini bottle of grown up grapefruit juice, AKA a Marlborough sauvingon blanc.
    In my defense, I don't normally cook on a Sunday evening, having a 2o/c lunch, but today I wanted to go into Bridport for Boots, to pick up an ice pack and knee support.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Dangerously similar to mind - but I had boiled spuds and veg with mine, and cheap Pinot Grigio.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Sadly I am not allowed grapefruit juice because I take statins, so I also make do with Sauvingon blanc. It goes well with oily fish doesn't it.

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Pork chop, onions, sprouts and roast spuds followed by rice pud; lazy man's preparation, chop and diced onions 2 hours in slow cooker just covered in water, plus a sprinkling of minced garlic and sage, frozen roast spuds heated in deep fryer, frozen sprouts boiled; water from slow cooker plus bisto for gravy; rice pud from tin, microwaved with some jam added. Followed by a mug of tea

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Zou likes this.
  8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it's the nookatone in it, but it's been too many decades since I worked in the flavour industry, as a synthetic chemist.
    Agree with the sauvingon blanc, it does go quite nicely with salmon, cuts the oil very well.

9. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Try Pinot Gris next time - that goes well with fish.

10. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Our dinner last night was braised pork (I buy a leg roast, and cut it into steaks - we got 6 meals off the latest one), with new potatoes and broccoli.

11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Pork loin dipped in egg, seasoned and herb flour , roasted and cut into slices , with roast potatoes, fennel, leaks and cavolo nero , with a veg stock, honey and mustard gravy.

Zou likes this.
  12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Brisket, yorkies and roasties.

13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

8 pints and a dirty kebab

14. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

A M&S low calorie meal and a corn cob and yogurt to follow. Still going for -20kg on where I started in Nov. Reached -19.95.

DaveS and Mark101 like this.
  15. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

It's when you have grapefruit on a regular basis that is the issue.
    Grapefruit prevents the re-uptake of the statins (in other words they don't break down in the liver) so taking statins and regular grapefruit means you will have a higher than prescribed dose of statins in your system.
    For one day this shouldn't make much difference - it is no different than taking your dose earlier one day.

Come to think of it, they could prescribe statins at a lower dose and a grapefruit to cut down on drug costs....not sure how you could fit a grapefruit in a tablet though:D

….And I had a nice ribeye steak, oven chips, tomatoes and mushrooms.
    Then I took my statins:confused:

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Colcannon with roasted red onions, sausages, ale gravy and buttered leeks

17. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

yesterday was a bowl of crunchie nut cornflakes. I did eat a big piece of my grandsons birthday cake as well;);):)
    Don

18. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

A dozen large oysters.

John Farrell likes this.
  19. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

There's no name for what I ate for my tea last night.

It had beef, Cumberland sausage, potato, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, butternut squash and cabbage in it - all in a gravy so thick I could stand my spoon up in it.

It was very nice, washed down with a pint of Guinness.

Cheers, Jeff

20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Home made shepherd's pie.
    Very tasty, washed down with a glass of Viognier.